Rigs and Sand - 09/01/2018

• HTML tutorial
D

donuteater

Join us down at the Silver Strand State Beach on Saturday September 1st, to kick off the Labor Day Weekend. Everyone is invited for a chance to hang out, show off your rigs and meet a some new people. A few of us will go down when the gates open at 7:00 to try and snag some open space so we can take over a section before it gets too busy, and if you can make it down that early it would help securing real estate. It would be good to get an idea of how many might be able to make it, so we can try and get enough spaces together.

We are going to try and set up on the South Parking lot close to the entrance so it will be easy for everyone to find since it is close to the entrance. Bring out your canopies, bbq's, surf boards and any other cool things you want to show off.

Comms for when you get close will be:

HAM 146.460 (Overland Bound designated Frequency)
FRS 01 (462.5625 if you use FRS on your Dual Band) FRS 01 might be a busy, if so we will monitor FRS 15 as well (462.5500)
CB Ch 16 (May be limited on who has CB?)

View Rally Point

joel10911

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Diego
Member #

Heck yeah! Finally a meet close to home ... if I’m not mistaken, there’s asphalt parking for $10.00 entry fee, correct?? Also, is it 7:00 am?

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Heck yeah! Finally a meet close to home ... if I’m not mistaken, there’s asphalt parking for $10.00 entry fee, correct?? Also, is it 7:00 am?
Yes, it is a parking lot at the Silver Strand State beach, and I believe the parking fees are $12 on the weekend. If we can get a pseudo rig count we will try and save as many spots as we can for those that can't make it early. The gates to the park open at 7:00 AM and the earlier you get there the better the chances of securing a spot.

Reactions: Kyle & Kari Frink
D

donuteater

I want to commit badly, as I've wanted to meet this group since it's forming. I have a gig (musician) at the Torrey Pines Gliderportthat day but we're going to try to get there in spite of the gig.
Tim and Karen Winter
Even if you are late, please join us there will be plenty of room to squeeze in.

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

We are having a flag made up for the event (which we can hopefully turn into an Annual meet up) and for people to easily see where we will be posting up at the Strand. We are having (10) small 18" x 24" versions of the flag being printed up as well and will go on a first come basis and will be $15. If any one is interesting in getting this "Limited Edition" Rigs & Sand flag let us know and we will set them aside. These are being offered at cost, so we aren't looking to make any money on them, just wanting to offer these as future garage decoration memorabilia!

Attachments

Last edited:

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

We are having a flag made up for the event (which we can hopefully turn into an Annual meet up) and for people to easily see where we will be posting up at the Strand. We are having (10) small 18" x 24" versions of the flag being printed up as well and will go on a first come basis and will be $15. If any one is interesting in getting this "Limited Edition" Rigs & Sand flag let us know and we will set them aside. These are being offered at cost, so we aren't looking to make any money on them, just wanting to offer these as future garage decoration memorabilia![/QUOTE

@Snupee

We will definitely want one for sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: Snupee

Coy G

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Diego
Member #

I am a new member and thought this would be my first meeting. But, I'll be in Nevada and won't be able to attend this one. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet some folks at the next one. Sweet little spot too. Really bummed. Catch y'all next time.

D

donuteater

I am a new member and thought this would be my first meeting. But, I'll be in Nevada and won't be able to attend this one. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet some folks at the next one. Sweet little spot too. Really bummed. Catch y'all next time.
There is a San Diego meet up today if you can make that one.

Meet Up —- click me

D

donuteater

Back from Mammoth and looking forward to this event!! Looks like it should be great weather. I will put out some info soon for some last minute organizational details.

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Haha!!!! Kyle just told me about this also. I also have to see if the misses wants to attend :)
I hope you can make it, it should be a good time! We are hoping to have around 20 rigs or more show, we might even get a few of our OB'rs from Orange County to come down later in the morning. Plus what better place to hang out for the day with a bunch of nice Rigs (if only we could post up the rigs on the sand). It will be nice to meet everyone and maybe we can get ideas for some runs set up!