Launch Member

Influencer I

Collinsville, IL, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Moore
Member #

I was looking at the rally points in the OB1 app and noticed some “rigs and coffee” events. Unfortunately they aren’t close to where I live (Illinois side of the St Louis Metro area). Is anyone interested in having one of these events local to St Louis and have an idea where we could have it?

Wdrell

Rank III

Explorer I

O'Fallon, IL, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Drell
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Veteran
I was looking at the rally points in the OB1 app and noticed some “rigs and coffee” events. Unfortunately they aren’t close to where I live (Illinois side of the St Louis Metro area). Is anyone interested in having one of these events local to St Louis and have an idea where we could have it?
Hey Shawn, I am in the same kinda area as you, I live in O'Fallon currently and will be moving onto Scott AFB here in the next few months. But if you would like to meetup I would def be down for connecting with like minded individuals. I just signed up for the overland bound midwest group on facebook as well.

Reactions: ObiShawnKenobi

ObiShawnKenobi

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Collinsville, IL, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Hey Shawn, I am in the same kinda area as you, I live in O'Fallon currently and will be moving onto Scott AFB here in the next few months. But if you would like to meetup I would def be down for connecting with like minded individuals. I just signed up for the overland bound midwest group on facebook as well.
I posted a similar item there too and had a few folks that were interested.

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

I'm moving to the STL (Hillsboro, MO) area from San Diego. It doesn't look like there is much in the way of meetups in the rally point section. Once I get there I'd be happy to coordinate some rigs and coffee things or throw some time into growing a group of folks. Granted, I have no idea where the trails are. Anyway, look forward to meeting some OB members in the region.

Wdrell

Rank III

Explorer I

O'Fallon, IL, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Drell
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Veteran
I'm moving to the STL (Hillsboro, MO) area from San Diego. It doesn't look like there is much in the way of meetups in the rally point section. Once I get there I'd be happy to coordinate some rigs and coffee things or throw some time into growing a group of folks. Granted, I have no idea where the trails are. Anyway, look forward to meeting some OB members in the region.

Hey Keith! Ya there isn't much, I have only seen a few rigs around here and most of the good exploration is on the MO side of STL, hot me up when you get here I am always down to hang out!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Message me if you would like help setting up a local meet-up.

Reactions: keith.gowan

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Yeah, It looks like there are some good trails to hit southwest of where I will be living. But quite a bit different from where I am at now (San Diego).

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

I am out of Columbia, MO. Currently looking for a cheap LR3 to build so I fit down the trails better. If its a meet and greet I would be interested.

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Gents, I'm partially moved here. So, I'm good with getting something going. I'd be down for a meetup this weekend if that works. Otherwise, the weekend of the 8th would be good. With @Atc210 in Columbia, perhaps a meetup in the Northwest of STL area? Wentzville or something? I think that will work for our Illinios fellows as well. @ObiShawnKenobi @Wdrell

Let's plan the first date and I'll get the info to @Kent R for a bit more exposure. Cool?

Reactions: Atc210

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Gents, I'm partially moved here. So, I'm good with getting something going. I'd be down for a meetup this weekend if that works. Otherwise, the weekend of the 8th would be good. With @Atc210 in Columbia, perhaps a meetup in the Northwest of STL area? Wentzville or something? I think that will work for our Illinios fellows as well. @ObiShawnKenobi @Wdrell

Let's plan the first date and I'll get the info to @Kent R for a bit more exposure. Cool?
I am interested, however already have plans this weekend. I can make the 8th work.

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Gents, I've contacted the establishment (haven't heard back as of yet). But I'm thinking Saint Charles. The Elm – Taphouse and Kitchen looks like a quality place, at least for the initial meetup. (address below, and menu is online)

I know we are all coming in from all directions - but if anyone has an alternate suggestion, let me know. As it is, I think this joint will work.

Looks like they will have plenty of games on for NCAA football fans as well.

3833 Elm Street
St Charles, Missouri 63301
USA

(636) 493-8111

Wdrell

Rank III

Explorer I

O'Fallon, IL, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Drell
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Veteran
I prolly wont be able to make it because I will be moving into a new appt.

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Sorry all, I dropped the ball. I had a last-minute work trip to Chicago that has taken me mentally offline for a bit.

I am still planning on being at The Elm taphouse on Saturday to hang with anyone that is interested. @ne2000 I failed to create the Rally Point, but intend to do so tonight. So, this weekend might be a dud, but I really want to get some sort of community established here.

Creating the Rally Point now. I hope to see folks there on Saturday.

ne2000

Rank II
Investor

Member I

Hazelwood, St. Louis County, Missouri, United States
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Eberlin
Member #

Sorry all, I dropped the ball. I had a last-minute work trip to Chicago that has taken me mentally offline for a bit.

I am still planning on being at The Elm taphouse on Saturday to hang with anyone that is interested. @ne2000 I failed to create the Rally Point, but intend to do so tonight. So, this weekend might be a dud, but I really want to get some sort of community established here.

Creating the Rally Point now. I hope to see folks there on Saturday.
Saw the rally point, may be able to stop by after start time.

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

For some reason I thought this was the 9th. Let me see if I can sort this out. Had a camp trip planned that dropped off my calendar. =0(