Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Guthrie
Member #

Just bought a used Rigid light bar (or so I think). Is there any way of being sure its a Rigid? And if it is, any way of knowing which model it is? I want to make sure i get the correct wiring harness. The bar it self has the RIGID USA cast into the housing on either side of the bar and it has the SS mounts with a rigid logo on each one, so I'd assume it is indeed a Rigid light. Paid $50, so even if its a knock off, im not out much.

CrisisFish

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lebanon, Indiana
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

The Rigid SAE fogs I have use a different font (almost italic) for the "Rigid" with no "USA" and it's silver lettering. If you go to Rigid's site you can see what I'm talking about. I'm not saying it's a fake...it may just be an older model. Where did you get it and does it work?

bumpo83

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Guthrie
Member #

The Rigid SAE fogs I have use a different font (almost italic) for the "Rigid" with no "USA" and it's silver lettering. If you go to Rigid's site you can see what I'm talking about. I'm not saying it's a fake...it may just be an older model. Where did you get it and does it work?
It does work and I bought it off of a local firefighter here in central Ohio. I looked on their website and noticed the white lettering but also thought it may have been an older model. He had it mounted on his f250 and has since sold it so said he didn’t need the bar anymore.

CrisisFish

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lebanon, Indiana
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Since it works, I'd say use it until it dies. If you really need to know, you could always talk to Rigid and send them pictures. I'm sure they'd know what their older product lines looked like or be able to tell you how to ID it.

Reactions: EXPO_D1 and bumpo83