Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Past Rigs I named:
1969 K5 Blazer= Country Caddy (because it had a Cadillac 472 V8)
1979 Chevy Short Box= Pumpkin Truck (Because I bought it at a PUD sale, it was
bright Orange)
1991 Chevy S10 Blazer= 'LIL' Red (Because it was the small Blazer and Red)
1989 Range Rover Classic= Goldie (because she was gold and in '89 I liked Goldie
Hawn)
1966 Ford Bronco= Ranger Ford (Because it was Forest Ranger Green and it was a
Ford)
1983 Dodge Ram Charger= Chuck Norris (because it was white and looked like
the same model Chuck Norris drove in Lone Wolf McQuade)
Current Rig:
1999 Land Rover DiscoverySD Series I= Laura (Because this rig was the last Christmas
gift my late wife gave me before she passed a
month later)

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
OK, after owning her for 14 months, I did finally get tired of calling her... "Her". I finally settled on Firefly. I was a big fan of the show, but didn't want to steal Serenity. So Firefly it is. I applied graphics to that affect this afternoon. I'll post pics of those in the "Stickers" thread. :sunglasses:

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
OK, after owning her for 14 months, I did finally get tired of calling her... "Her". I finally settled on Firefly. I was a big fan of the show, but didn't want to steal Serenity. So Firefly it is. I applied graphics to that affect this afternoon. I'll post pics of those in the "Stickers" thread. :sunglasses:
Miss that show. Too bad it didn't last very long. Has a cult following now. Wonder if they'll ever bring it back.

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Miss that show. Too bad it didn't last very long. Has a cult following now. Wonder if they'll ever bring it back.
They killed off Book and Wash in the movie "Serenity". But, I could see a sequel series that might work.

I was helping out some friends on another forum about ten years ago and bid on a collection of Firefly comics where the story took place after "Objects in Space" (the last episode) and before the Movie. Each cover has a different character on it. The one with Adam Baldwin is signed and certified. I have them in plastic and sleeved in binder with the Serenity logo on the front.

Reactions: Larry and ShawnR

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

I named my truck "Kev", because my cousin saw the tires said Kevlar (Goodyear All-terrain) on the side, and asked if the cloth on the seats was Kevlar. The name just stuck now.

Contributor I

After seeing @jordanbrooks name his new Jeep according to the results of the poll (I totally voted for Blue Steel), it got me thinking. I've always just called my vehicle "the Jeep" but that may change. You see, I first bought a CB radio... then I watched Big Trouble in Little China... I think you know where I'm going with this. Jack Burton's rig is call The Pork Chop Express, and I think that's amazing. Sooo, I was gonna start calling my Jeep that, but it felt wrong to just steal the name. I told my friend about it and he reminded me that I'm a huge nerd, and he suggested The Dork Chop Express. So, yes, I think that's what I'll go with. :grin::grin:

So, does your rig have a name? If so, what's the story behind it?
We call our rig "Tortuga" or turtle in Spanish. She's green, has a shell on her back and we move slow!! Been on the road for 18 months and counting!

Larry

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Springville Indiana
Member #

I named my JKUR Serenity. I know, but when I saw her the first time on the lot, that was the name that came to me and it's stuck. My wife and I are both Firefly fans and the first time she saw it (before we were married) she said, "You should name her Serenity." so I guess it was destined. LOL

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

Cavo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Great Falls, VA, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Richard
Member #

Abigail, after Abigail Adams. She was a brilliant stand on her own woman that stood for justice for all. There was no stop in her. So, since I am an historian, it seemed appropriate that my go anywhere despite the odds vehicle should be named after someone that was ahead of her time and would go through anything to prove her metal, hence, Abigail

wgmclain96

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fayetteville, AR/Richmond, TX
Member #

Mine was most recently renamed "Steinkunde". In German Steinkunde means "to explore rocks" or "knowledge of stone". This is also a German noun used to describe or name a Geologist ("Geologie" in German). Since I'm doing my studies in Geology, have strong German roots, and my Jeep tends to explore rocks I figured the name was suiting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: CR-Venturer

Dylan Cave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Frisco, Texas
Member #

On an Instagram post, A friend told me I couldn't name my truck until I had finished upgrading it, so the truck that shall not be named is now Voldemort.

Instagram: @dhcave