• HTML tutorial

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

2013 Cement FJ Cruiser TT: Kitty

My trucks name has a nickname. Kitty is short for Kitsune, which is Japanese for fox. It's all my teenage daughters fault (she named it foxy originally and um, no). Being a Japanese truck and my daughters affinity for foxes, and having travelled to Japan several times I decided that would be the mascot for my car club of which I am the sole member haha. Origami of course.

Our team t-shirt when we go camping… (actually designed this to make a friend mad originally hehe)

I can also thank my daughter for my 1993 GMC Typhoon named Penelope after the Wacky Racers and the 2013 CTS-V sedan named Violet. She never came up with a name for the Volt when we had it, just called it boring. I liked it though.

Reactions: benmmc and Zargon

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

I call my Toyota Tacoma Yoder. But, my new roof top tent got a good name. We were in ST. Andrews st. park in Florida over New Year. While surrounded by folks in large campers and trailers two Cajuns asked my wife if she used that "squirrel house" on the back of the pickup truck. Now the RTT is called the "Squirrel Hut" . Funny how that works.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

1999 Honda CR-V, and it's name is Ganbaru.

Ganbaru is a Japanese word describing fierce determination to persevere despite impossible odds - very fitting, I thought, for a little Japanese car that everyone underestimates, and yet it comes out on top (of mountains) time and again!Capture+_2018-02-11-22-04-35.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sabjku

FitzRoy

Rank I

Enthusiast I

The Landcruiser 70 has been christened "The Beagle" after the ship captained by Robert Fitzroy during the Darwin voyage. It's also referred to as the "Dung Beetle", pack it up and get it rolling._4032375.JPG

Reactions: MGleim

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Most people who see the name Red Five on the side of my Jeep think it has to do with the color of it, Red Rock Crystal, and ask me what the Five means. Fortunately, there are a number of true geeks out there who immediately recognize it for the real meaning.

Red 5 is the 5th position in the Red Squadron of the Massassi Group of the Rebellion in the Star Wars universe. Most notably, Red 5 was assigned to Luke Skywalker just prior to the assault on the Death Star. He remained in that position until after the retreat from Hoth... About 5 years.

As a Star Wars fanatic... It just made sense.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Most people who see the name Red Five on the side of my Jeep think it has to do with the color of it, Red Rock Crystal, and ask me what the Five means. Fortunately, there are a number of true geeks out there who immediately recognize it for the real meaning.

Red 5 is the 5th position in the Red Squadron of the Massassi Group of the Rebellion in the Star Wars universe. Most notably, Red 5 was assigned to Luke Skywalker just prior to the assault on the Death Star. He remained in that position until after the retreat from Hoth... About 5 years.

As a Star Wars fanatic... It just made sense.
May the force be with you.

Reactions: Jedi

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I need to show that to my wife so she will quit calling me the worlds biggest trivia nerd. :smile:

Reactions: Jedi

megacabcummins

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Marysville, WA
Member #

It's kinda funny, my truck was named when it was still stock.... Project Stealth. It was so big and quiet, and charcoal color... name seemed to fit. Now with a 5" exhaust and long travel suspension it appears to be anything but stealth lol. I guess I could call it More Fun Than My Ex Wife, cause it is. Plus it was the only thing I wanted from the divorce lol.

Trbanks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, FL
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Banks
Member #

Being that I’m that weirdo who has named every car or truck I’ve ever owned since my pinto at age 15. Of course my current rig has a name. My wife gave her the name “Matilda”. After the Australian marching tune (waltzing Matilda)

Remington_PRO4X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Verona, WI
Member #

Love the logo! That is amazing!

2013 Cement FJ Cruiser TT: Kitty

My trucks name has a nickname. Kitty is short for Kitsune, which is Japanese for fox. It's all my teenage daughters fault (she named it foxy originally and um, no). Being a Japanese truck and my daughters affinity for foxes, and having travelled to Japan several times I decided that would be the mascot for my car club of which I am the sole member haha. Origami of course.

Our team t-shirt when we go camping… (actually designed this to make a friend mad originally hehe)

I can also thank my daughter for my 1993 GMC Typhoon named Penelope after the Wacky Racers and the 2013 CTS-V sedan named Violet. She never came up with a name for the Volt when we had it, just called it boring. I liked it though.

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

20170324_144801-800x600.jpg

Mine is Earl, because it is an old, simple thing. Hers is Sandy, because it sounds like a young, fun-loving girl (that is also wearing quicksand paint) :P .

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Our 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 for now is named “Stinky”...not because it sits so high like a stink bug, but because when I bought it, the old owner had some really bad pine air freshener in it to cover up the rotten spilled milk smell!! Got rid of the floor mats and replaced them with Weather Tech mats and the stink went away....but I think the name will stick!!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: 2dub and Justin L