Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

After seeing @jordanbrooks name his new Jeep according to the results of the poll (I totally voted for Blue Steel), it got me thinking. I've always just called my vehicle "the Jeep" but that may change. You see, I first bought a CB radio... then I watched Big Trouble in Little China... I think you know where I'm going with this. Jack Burton's rig is call The Pork Chop Express, and I think that's amazing. Sooo, I was gonna start calling my Jeep that, but it felt wrong to just steal the name. I told my friend about it and he reminded me that I'm a huge nerd, and he suggested The Dork Chop Express. So, yes, I think that's what I'll go with. :grin::grin:

So, does your rig have a name? If so, what's the story behind it?

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I never name my rigs. But, if I did, I'd thought about "slowback". It's a fastback, but it's slow with the minivan 3.8L. On the plus side, it's a proven engine and relatively inexpensive to repair.

Reactions: Byron Eby

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Mjolnir. Thor is my favorite superhero and you have to be very special to drive my Jeep. My old JKU was named Squatch or Sasquatch for long.

Reactions: benmmc

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I am terrible at picking names so never have really done it. My rig is an H3 Alpha so I have come to just calling it Alpha.

Reactions: benmmc

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Just about all my vehicles get named at some point.
The GMC Sierra is "Jolene". (No reason, just her name.)
The Land Cruiser was originally called The Troopy until I installed the Ram Jet 350... then our off-road club renamed it "The Beast", and it stuck.
The 4Runner hasn't really been named yet. We tried calling it Mama Bear, but that's the wife's handle. So I guess it's up for nomination...

Reactions: .shark. and benmmc

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

As Iam for dark reasons much into dragons, its simple. The Vanagon T3 is called the Land Dragon and the Frontera is called the Mud Dragon.

simple. Like my nickname is Bad Dragon.

My dog is a Naga Anjin, which is maleisian for a dragons dog. Poor dog. hahaha.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

Philbobagginz

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Brick, NJ
Member #

Well. I traded in a brand new Honda civic for a jeep just to go out and explore. I went from getting almost 40 mpg to 19 mpg all because I wanted to travel using my vehicle. The main focus of my life is where can I go next.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
The Silver Surfer. But, since Im considering lining her in blue, that is subject to change...