Rig Headliner Patch Collection

• HTML tutorial

Hard Rock

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

What is everyone using to adhere their patches? I have the Mopar headliner kit and its more like a fabric than plastic like the Hotheads. Just double sided tape? I would think after enough time in the heat they would just fall off.

Hard Rock

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

OK, maybe I am not following. So you all use Velcro which has tacky on both sides plus Velcro sandwiched in the middle rather than just two sided tape? I will give it a shot - have a bunch to pin so will try this weekend. Thanks all.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
The hook side of the Velcro will, generally, stick to a fabric headliner, which is very similar to the loop side of Velcro.

kbryan1022

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Kendall
Last Name
Bryan
Member #

OK, maybe I am not following. So you all use Velcro which has tacky on both sides plus Velcro sandwiched in the middle rather than just two sided tape? I will give it a shot - have a bunch to pin so will try this weekend. Thanks all.
If your patch already has the hook side of the velcro sawn onto your patch, it will stick to your fabric headliner. If not, sew the hook side on to patch so you can take patch on/off or rearrange. They won't fall off. If over head not fabric then yes use sticky side of velcro

Cody_Gorsuch

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Altoona, PA, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Gorsuch
Member #

The newer Toyota’s have a less sticky headliner. My 17 Taco and our 19 4Runner have semi smooth liners. Although with a little persuading you can make them stick by pushing them flat with your palm and giving a few slight twist back and forth. My collection is small and aren’t really “overland” patches but I just started in this soooo

Attachments

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
The newer Toyota’s have a less sticky headliner. My 17 Taco and our 19 4Runner have semi smooth liners. Although with a little persuading you can make them stick by pushing them flat with your palm and giving a few slight twist back and forth. My collection is small and aren’t really “overland” patches but I just started in this soooo
Going to try this later. :wink:

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
My 2017 Willys came standard with the Mopar sound/heat liner in it and Velcro backed patches adhered to it very well.

Jrahn0822

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wakefield, NE, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Rahn
Member #

Velcro backed should just attach. As far as the Toyota guys it works perfectly! I have half my headliner full and they don't move.

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

on my GMC 1500 I found they did not stick very well to the factory head liner. I ended up using Velcro tape and stuck them to my glove box.
I did use some of the tape on the head liner as a experiment and it has held all of the fall and the winter so it does work just not as cool as just sticking to the head liner

Attachments