alexdnick

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
N
Just traded my ‘17 Z71 Colorado for a ‘13 Rubicon.

Very good condition.

Mods:
  • Warn Winch
  • AFE intake
  • 34”s
  • Fuel 17” wheels
  • Rear door table
  • Rear bumper lights(don’t know what kind)
  • Lightbar(don’t know what kind)
  • Ditch lights(don’t know what kind
Next on the list:
  • Apple CarPlay Headunit(can’t give it up after having it in my Chevy)
  • Rack for Tepui Tent
  • Figure out what these lights on my rig are

Attachments

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Looks good man!

If the lights are not labeled they are probably generics. That's not a bad thing if they are. It just means the higher end lights will be brighter should decide to upgrade at some point.

alexdnick

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
N
Looks good man!

If the lights are not labeled they are probably generics. That's not a bad thing if they are. It just means the higher end lights will be brighter should decide to upgrade at some point.
That’s what I figured. It has the stock suspension on it so I think that’s where my money’s going if anywhere. All the paints chipping off of the shocks and you can tell they have 80k miles on them.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Good idea. Nothing beats a quality suspension offroad. The Kings i just put on totally transformed my offroad experience.

You have a ton of options with the Jeep.

Reactions: alexdnick

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Just traded my ‘17 Z71 Colorado for a ‘13 Rubicon.

Very good condition.

Mods:
  • Warn Winch
  • AFE intake
  • 34”s
  • Fuel 17” wheels
  • Rear door table
  • Rear bumper lights(don’t know what kind)
  • Lightbar(don’t know what kind)
  • Ditch lights(don’t know what kind
Next on the list:
  • Apple CarPlay Headunit(can’t give it up after having it in my Chevy)
  • Rack for Tepui Tent
  • Figure out what these lights on my rig are
Not a bad find! a Rubi is on my radar if my WJ kicks the bucket.

alexdnick

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
N
After having the Rhino Rack backordered for a very long time, I finally got it, got my tent on, and went out on my first trip with the Jeep. You can really tell the difference with a dealer “built for” off roader vs a work truck that I built for off road. Awesome trip. Just windy and dusty, and some guy showed up talking shit on rooftop tents to me at our campsite, he must have been jealous
B8616463-871C-4A11-BFAA-1142FC1E2590.jpeg4B313FD2-9834-448B-BDB8-F8F7A196AA72.jpeg

Reactions: JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

It's coming along nicely. :)

And who comes to your campsite to talk shit about anything? One of these days homeboy is going to enter the wrong campsite....

So what kind of differences are you noticing between the truck and Rubi?

alexdnick

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
N
It's coming along nicely. :)

And who comes to your campsite to talk shit about anything? One of these days homeboy is going to enter the wrong campsite....

So what kind of differences are you noticing between the truck and Rubi?
It was a few guys on four wheelers. I said it’s a bit more windy than a ground then and he said, “yeah you must have bought into the Instagram life style”. Nope, just have it so I can go on the fly and not take up space inside.

The major difference I noticed was the wheel base and overall length. The creeks running through the trail make these massive gouges and lips on the trail because it’s so sandy. With my truck I broke both rear mudflaps off, and other expected things. And there were a few times I had to use maxtrax for traction with my truck, this time with my Jeep the trail was worse, but it never lost tractiom(I put that on the 35’s and mud terrains though)

However, I think if I could go back to my truck and not lose money(and get the short bed option) I would. It was so comfy, and so quite inside. I really do miss it but this Jeep is cool too. Grass is always greener I guess!

Reactions: JCWages