Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Lukasz
Last Name
Mikula
Member #

Does anyone have a Rhino recovery set, what do you think? Should I look at any others? Am looking to build my recovery kit.

Last edited:

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Looks like pretty nice recovery gear & made in USA & lifetime warranty. Pretty sweet. I will be looking into this company for some of my recovery gear. Thanks .

Reactions: tritonl

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Looking at the specs, seems to be a good product. I have never used Rhino products, so can not speek from first hand experience. I do have experience with Bubba Rope products. These are some of the best engineerd recovery gear I have used. I have also used the ARB kits, and have bean very please also. i don't think any of these would be a bad choice.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

Looks like pretty nice recovery gear & made in USA & lifetime warranty. Pretty sweet. I will be looking into this company for some of my recovery gear. Thanks .
Didn't see anywhere stating it's made in the USA? Can't find much about country of origin on ANY of the products on the site. Perhaps just clever marketing putting USA in the name?

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Didn't see anywhere stating it's made in the USA? Can't find much about country of origin on ANY of the products on the site. Perhaps just clever marketing putting USA in the name?
Offered as an FYI, no judgement: their tow straps are designed in the USA, but manufactured in China. Many US designed products are manufactured in China. I personally tend to buy American or Australian manufactured products. But respect those that make a different choice.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

I'm just leery of any company that seems to try to cover up country of origin on products. ARB doesn't exactly advertise that their straps are made in taiwan but the product is clearly labeled with country of origin when you receive it. Wife ordered me a strap from them on amazon, seems ok and has worked with the light use I've given it thus far. I looked all over the product and it's packaging and couldn't tell where it was actually made, which is a little questionable for my liking in recovery gear.

Reactions: Jeff Graham

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
On their home page it said very large print proudly made in USA. Although being a business owner I completely understand that only 10% of the product needs to be made in USA to be able to claim product is made in USA. I.E. packaging, packaging labels. Etc.
I didn’t see the made in USA. I called them, and asked where the recovery strap was manufactured. They told me China.

Last edited:

WareWolf MoonWall

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Green Country, OK
First Name
WareWolf
Last Name
MoonWall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Direct Message Me..
I have a number of their products and have no had issues with any of it over the last few years.

Last thing I used was one of their recovery straps and their heavy duty motorcycle strap to extract a BMW from a ditch while I was camping last summer.

I have used their motorcycle straps (heavy ratchet) for all sorts of moving heavy things around. Used their shackle hitch, tire pressure gauge, bungee kit... Just kinda went to town on a black Friday sale to celebrate a new truck and needing some reasonable starter gear for it.

Lifetime warranty seems like a deal for the price, especially given the build quality compared to the stuff most people I know use (harbor freight).

As for the USA or not... They are honest about their work. It's a small outfit from the USA that contracts out work. Take it or leave it, but they stand by it for a reasonable price.

Reactions: 12Seven95

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I prefer Checkered Flag Off Road Recovery Equipment. Their products are made in the USA and are labeled accurulety. the other side of the house makes rope and straps for the rigging world. Customers are aerospace and heavy movers. Not affiliated in anyway, just like the stuff.

Reactions: systemdelete

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
More importantly the Rhino recovery strap I got came with a cool Rhino decal. Oh and the straps are well made, thick, and def looks like it will do the job.

tritonl

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Lukasz
Last Name
Mikula
Member #

I got one that was slightly frayed new in the box, I contacted them and had another one sent to me the next day. There was no questions, no fighting, great customer service.

Reactions: p4.adventure

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Morgan Hill, California, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP
I have the Rhino 3x20' Recovery Tow strap which I just used this weekend to help recover a GXOR out of a mud bog. I've used it several times at the sand dunes as well.
I bought the Rhino Shackle Hitch Receiver and folding Shovel ... got the discount for buying it all together earlier this year. The only thing I didn't like is the carry pouch for the tow straps ... they ripped at the bottom and I'm noe searching for a compact recovery gear bag.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I have Rhino and Gear America products, imported, high quality, good price. Both are reported to have great customer service.