Hetman

Rank I

Contributor III

Moers, Deutschland
First Name
Marius
Last Name
Zmuda
Maybe I can get a vacation and be there. It's only about a 3 hour drive for me. Can I take part with a non-all-wheel drive station wagon and a trailer (TPV off-road) with a roof tent? Merry Christmas and a new year soon... Greetings Marius

Reactions: Lupus_ravus

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Marius,

All rigs are welcome. It doesn´t matter what you drive. Just RSVP in the Rally Point and join us.

I do not know if somebody is staying over night. During the last years we just met in the afternoon and left in the evening. As we are directly on the banks of the Rhine with the spot, we have to monitor the flood situation closely anyway and possibly make a spontaneous decision. Looking forward to see you there.

Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I've just had a look at the forecast for the Rhine level at the location. It looks very good at the moment. FC is approx. 3.40m (2 years ago we were at almost 4 meters at the same spot) for 2 January and the current trend is downwards.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
The water level of the Rhine is currently rising again and at 4 meters now. FC for January 5th is already around 5 meters. I think we need a plan B. Who has an idea for an alternative site?

Reactions: NotGumby

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
The water level of the Rhine is currently rising again and at 4 meters now. FC for January 5th is already around 5 meters. I think we need a plan B. Who has an idea for an alternative site?
Looks like date is moved to 13th! Hope you can still make it.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Yes, I discussed about alternatives today with @Valentin Schneider and we came to the conclusion that it is better and safer to postpone the meetup for one week.

Oligetorix

Rank IV

Influencer II

Worms, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
First Name
Oliver
Last Name
Rissler
Member #

Yes, I discussed about alternatives today with @Valentin Schneider and we came to the conclusion that it is better and safer to postpone the meetup for one week.
Maybe a good decision. I think I got a cold during last night and this weekend wouldn’t be ideal at all.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Looks like that was a wise decision. The water level forecast for the 12th is 3.4 m and the trend is downwards. That's very good. I'm looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday.