Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Hi Staff. After the forum platform change, i can not access the map anymore : when clicking for the map the page is opening as i am not a member. So i click on the log in button and it takes me back to the forum page saying i am already logged in. So there is no link between the forum log in and the website.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi Staff. After the forum platform change, i can not access the map anymore : when clicking for the map the page is opening as i am not a member. So i click on the log in button and it takes me back to the forum page saying i am already logged in. So there is no link between the forum log in and the website.
i can see the map but only rally point events. no trails, members, camping spots, etc.
Me too. The Rally Point page has me "logged out" and asks me to log in too...
@Michael @admin @Chris Jones

Reactions: Michael and Steve

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Can I get a Browser @Chadlyb and exactly which menu item you are clicking from the forums - top menu?
I’ve tried using Safari 12.0.3 and Safari for iOS using Map link in top menu and also by using Maps link accessed via my profile pop up in the top menu.

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Thanks @Chadlyb

@Michael : as posted in the support forum :

Following the map issue (displaying a non member version of itself), i wanted to create a rally point and experienced the same issue :

When creating the rally point :

Not logged in. Clicking the Login Here link :

i don't know how the authentification process works but website log in looks like it relies on forum log in and communication from website to forum works but not from forum to website.

on Google Chrome 72.0.3626.121 / Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2

jeemster

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Francisco, CA
Member #

@Michael I made a short video showing what is happening in my case. I am using a PC... and I am a new member... that could be it also (i have used the verification code) and was able at one time to see the members on the map.

Rover 4

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Southern Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
Kissell
Member #

same issue on a pc, firefox, logged into website, not forum and get the non member view

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

You guys seem to all be using Macs - huge clue. Thank you!
@Michael : i see a lot of the same issue posts in the Support Forum with green flags as "resolved" but nothing (Map / Rally point) is resolved :)

The problem is still here and has apparently nothing to do with using a mac like previously guessed : @Rover 4 said in this topic he had the same problem on his PC with Firefox.

For myself, whatever the browser, i keep being trapped in the loop. I know you guys work really hard so i do not blame anyone here, but not being able to create rally points is SO frustrating...

Hope you have some good news for us :sunglasses: