• HTML tutorial

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

My badge arrived today.  It's pretty cool and very heavy duty.  I am a little disappointed with the blemish right smack dab in the middle of the emblem.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
7283 said:
My badge arrived today. It’s pretty cool and very heavy duty. I am a little disappointed with the blemish right smack dab in the middle of the emblem.
Ugh! That's no good @Wolvee. Can you hang on to that one and I'll have a new one made? It will take a while but I'll take care of it. OK?

Again, apologies. Frustrating!

M

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Of course and I'm sorry to put you out.  I was just super excited to get it and my first thought was to post when I seen it in the mail box.  I had the camera on ready to take a picture even before it was out of the envelope and then I seen the marks.

I don't mind if I put scratches on things but getting them that way new is a bit of a sore spot with my personality.  I want to be the one to "kiss the trail" with it, lol.

Thanks bud

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Bear - that sucks. I'll take care of it. Does it look like packaging (damage) or production (process)?

@wolvee I moved this to the support forum so I can track it.

M

BEAR

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Concord, California, United States
First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

I'm not worried about Michael just wanted to let you know for documentation in case it becomes an issue with other people. It looks like production. It's not a scratch. I can send a pic of it tomorrow if you'd like.

wesley_perry

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Michael,

Mine was also scratched, but you don't have to worry about sending me another i'm fine with it.

It does however look like a shipping issue rather than a production issue. I believe the emblem is jiggling around in the small plastic sleeve that the emblem comes in, and that particular spot on the emblem where the scratches are is the highest point, causing it to rub against the plastic during shipping.

I would suggest, if possible, to see if the manufacturer can add a cellophane sheet over the emblem to protect it during shipping that can be easily removed when ready to install on the vehicle.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thank you! This is very helpful.

I am working with the manufacturer on the next batch of emblems and I have a few improvements requested. I'll add this. Its a big deal. Also - your number is your number, and I'm glad to have each OB member. The emblem may change and improve, but your number will not - you will forever be #0039 so if there are major improvements to the badges etc, I can foresee extending the new item to founding members of OB.

Thanks for your support!

M

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

I second the fact that it's happening during the shipping process. My first one (102) has a slight blemish on the high point and all the bubble wrap in that area is popped so it wasn't doing any good. (It's ok, I don't need a replacement.)

Still waiting on my second badge (103) to arrive in the mail.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Badge 0103 showed up in perfect condition. The bubble wrap was un-popped on this one... seems like that was the weak link on 0102.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@stringtwelve @wesley_perry @wolvee

I'll replace the blemished items no problem, it will just take some time. Thank you for the valuable information. I'll update the process to include better protection upon shipping.

Thanks for your patience guys!

M

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Hi Michael. My OB Badge 0097 came today!!!  It has that little rub on the same spot like the others. I don't want a replacement. I actually like it that way. It adds a nice patina to it. It looks great. I will be ordering my duplicate soon :-O

Frisly

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@bear @wesley_perry @wolvee @stringtwelve

Hey all, I ordered a duplicate emblem for everyone in this thread. I should receive them today, and will send them out ASAP, no charge.

I have not actually laid eyes on the new batch, so i need to confirm the manufacturer made the improvements I requested.

Thank you for your patience and support as I continually improve Overland Bound! You guys are among my earliest founders and I really appreciate your support and guidance.

-Michael

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Good to hear.  No rush.  I'm glad they're taking care of it for you.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Thanks, Michael. You really didn't have to replace mine but I won't complain. :wink: The Beast can now have one on each flank!

(P.S. My address changed since the last shipment... I updated it in my account profile.)

Thanks again!

BEAR

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Concord, California, United States
First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

10573 said:
Thanks, Michael. You really didn’t have to replace mine but I won’t complain.

Sorry for the late response I've been so swamped. I just got back from Texas A & M for oil firefighting school, just moved and work. You really didn't have to do that but I appreciate it.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

<p>@administrator Feel free to bring mine to the expo if you think about it. No rush either way.</p>