US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

This is something I noticed recently, every time I open the app I see this alert regarding the location services.
I find it rather annoying, could you remove it?

Attachments

Reactions: EBasil

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Did you answer "NO" ot it? That will cause it to ask every time till "Yes" is given, Please LMK.....

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
This is something I noticed recently, every time I open the app I see this alert regarding the location services.
This should be less aggressive now. Please let us know if this is still occurring.

Note - many features require location information - anything map related. You will be prompted if you access map features BUT - not on the screen you are showing. Please let me know!

M

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

This should be less aggressive now. Please let us know if this is still occurring.

Note - many features require location information - anything map related. You will be prompted if you access map features BUT - not on the screen you are showing. Please let me know!

M
Yeah totally understand that. I actually deny access to my location since the beginning because I noticed the app was constantly pining the gps to fetch my location even when the app was in the background, so I just remove it.

Will keep an eye for the next version, thanks!

Reactions: Michael

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

M
Hey Michael, can you revisit this aggressiveness issue? Since the map is now the default on loading, I often can’t get to the app to recognize the forum icon was pressed fast enough after hitting cancel on the location.

Thanks

Reactions: trail_runn4r

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey Michael, can you revisit this aggressiveness issue? Since the map is now the default on loading, I often can’t get to the app to recognize the forum icon was pressed fast enough after hitting cancel on the location.

Thanks
Yes! This shouldn't be happening so aggressively. It's not intended. I'll have developers check again next week.

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Thanks
Yes! This shouldn't be happening so aggressively. It's not intended. I'll have developers check again next week.
There might have been an update on my phone because the issue has gotten better.

Reactions: Michael