Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Cain
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thanks for the site, the videos of the trails were great! I tried calling the North District but they have been having phone problems. The closure of Flagpole Knob is no longer listed on the FS USDA website as a closure alert. I will attempt to call again this week but going with the assumption that the alert is off the website, the route is open. I had not considered going to Reddish Knob from Flagpole, might try that as well. Right now I have routes mapped on Dunkle, Union Springs, and Briery Branch to Flagpole. May try them all, but am looking at least Dunkle and Union Springs to Flagpole to run, with a different route down the mountain than going up it.

Reactions: Sparky V

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

ok great I am pretty set up my goosegear platform is not here yet. but j have my hammock and e everything else

Reactions: chinsH3

init6Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shenandoah, VA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
VDP
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBL679
Init6Overland said there are spots along some of the trails, I know there are other campgrounds in the area. You could always look at those for availability.
Flagpole has a bunch of campsites.
Also you can camp on top. Union springs as a great camp site that’s on our video. Meadow knob. It’s breathtaking. The base of flagpole fills up quick but thins out the closer you get to the top. I would go with meadow knob on union springs. It’s about 2/3 going up and it ends at flagpole. However my fav route if you get stated early is flagpole up and union springs down. Camp at meadow knob.

Reactions: Gecko792

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

Flagpole has a bunch of campsites.
Also you can camp on top. Union springs as a great camp site that’s on our video. Meadow knob. It’s breathtaking. The base of flagpole fills up quick but thins out the closer you get to the top. I would go with meadow knob on union springs. It’s about 2/3 going up and it ends at flagpole. However my fav route if you get stated early is flagpole up and union springs down. Camp at meadow knob.
thanks is it a very hard trail can you advise as this is my first test trip

init6Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shenandoah, VA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
VDP
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBL679
Peters mill is easy too. Just really rocky. Just make sure you air down. And you will be fine. It’s also a Jeep badge of honor trail

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

Give me the location an address I may just take a ride

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

I should be able to come this time.
thank I really appriciate putting in the location an address i have not an fo nit understand yet finding what an how when just saying rally point

RyanD1966

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Baltimore Metro MD
Member #

We are going to be in Gordonsville VA from 2Aug until 5Aug, I'm Member# 16310, anyone interested in doing an outing that would be an easy / medium trail outing? Went out this spring in Washington / Jefferson Park but the trail turned out to be so technical we reversed about half way up and came back down again. There were 4 Nissan Frontiers, 2 stock height, 2 with 2" lifts. No one had full HD skid plating or rear diff armour. Ryan D

Reactions: Sparky V and 100RNR

Enthusiast I

Virginia, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Bailey
Hi all. I'm from Staunton. My '01 Jeep Cherokee is getting a new engine this weekend, but I would sure like to make it to a meetup soon. Hope it runs ok after the swap!

Reactions: Sparky V