Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Cain
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I will be in GWNF the week of 4th of July and am tentatively planning on attending the coffee on 6 July if anyone is around.

init6Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shenandoah, VA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
VDP
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBL679
I will be in GWNF the week of 4th of July and am tentatively planning on attending the coffee on 6 July if anyone is around.
We were just taking about that. With the holiday we were debating who was going to be around. I will post as soon as I know.

chinsH3

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Cain
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Sounds good. I will be camping all week that week, so I will be running Big Levels/Cold Mountain Springs, Peters Mill Run, and Flagpole Knob if everything works out all week. We check out of the campsite the 6th...so I will be around either way. If nobody can make it I will just head somewhere else for coffee and breakfast, no worries.

init6Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shenandoah, VA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
VDP
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBL679
Last time we did flagpole it was closed to vehicle traffic due to storm damage. What you can hike to the Summit. Should also check out Union Springs Trail we put up a video on her YouTube channel. On the way up the flagpole there is a few spots that you can camp.

Reactions: chinsH3

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

if possible can you advise a little m oi de on location as I think I will coming from ohio

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

Sounds good. I will be camping all week that week, so I will be running Big Levels/Cold Mountain Springs, Peters Mill Run, and Flagpole Knob if everything works out all week. We check out of the campsite the 6th...so I will be around either way. If nobody can make it I will just head somewhere else for coffee and breakfast, no worries.
I am trying to figure out if you were asking people to join your location if so can you advise more thanks if not sorry i still am trying to figure out using an communicating

init6Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shenandoah, VA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
VDP
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBL679
I could share flagpole. We are including that one in our VA Traverse series. So we have not made that public yet

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

I am looking to do trails an camp and if meeting up for coffee then happens great but looking to get out. can you send a message or can I so I could call or you call me

chinsH3

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Cain
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I meant bald mountain instead of cold mountain. I saw the flagpole closure, supposedly through yesterday. I am going to try and call the forest office to confirm. Ill look for the youtube!

init6Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shenandoah, VA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
VDP
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBL679
Nice. We want to do flagpole to redish knob. We have been waiting for it to open. Keep us posted on what you find out!

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

just advise as I would like to come along

chinsH3

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Cain
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I am trying to figure out if you were asking people to join your location if so can you advise more thanks if not sorry i still am trying to figure out using an communicating
I do not mind running with other people on the trails, this will be our (my family and another) first time in GWNF. We are camping in Sherando Campground but they are full last I looked. We are going to trail ride some days, hike others. Basically all day trips, get up for breakfast, hit the trail, back for dinner at the campsite kinda deal. We will not be camping along the trail routes anywhere. Hope this helps clear things up

Gecko792

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Callander
Member #

ok thanks yea coming from ohio k woukd need some kind of spot