US Southwest Reoccurring - Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) Meet Up

• HTML tutorial

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

It didn’t... [emoji53] OK had Thunderstorms all weekend. I can handle rain, snow and even some wind, but I don’t relish thunderstorms in a tent. I know Ima wuss! LOL Instead I just went to LBJ Grasslands for Friday night. Just me an my dog. Was really very nice. I’m going to try and reschedule the OAT early next year.

IMG_4077.JPG
IMG_4074.JPG

Reactions: LoneStarFlatLanders

SouthernTacoma

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Monroe, LA
First Name
Dane
Last Name
Pullen
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Not many events or trips too local to me. But I really want to get out and meet some guys/gals. See what I’m missing or what else I could do to make my rig even better

I’d love to come to this meetup

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Here’s a few things to consider and discuss here and during our first meet up:

Do we want to meet on weekends or during a weekday? I initially thought weekends, but it was mentioned to me in a private chat that while this might seem ideal at first, many people are just too busy on the weekends to make it.

Do we want to meet at a restaurant where we go in to eat, or do we prefer to meet in an area such as a parking lot where we talk about our rigs? For the first gathering we picked Uncle Buck’s which is a restaurant, but I just assumed we start off in the parking lot talking before going in. However, once we go in, people who run late might feel odd approaching a table of strangers.

To me, an ideal meeting place would be someone’s private land where we can setup camp, cook out, and enjoy a few beers, but getting access to someone’s private land is a bit tricky.

I actually own 65 acres in East Texas (near Henderson), which would be perfect for this but it’s a 3-hour drive away. I’m totally fine hosting gatherings there but for most people (even some Overlanders) a 3-hour drive for a meetup is too far away. Perhaps, after more discussion, we can find an acceptable time and place in the DFW area and I could still host a few overnight camp outs on my land from time-to-time, so people can get out and put their equipment to some use between overlanding trips.

Anyway, these are some things to consider between now and the first meet up.
I like your idea, ill attend when its not at a resturaunt

Reactions: Laud

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

Everybody good with sitting outside once we head into the restaurant? I was going to bring my dog if everybody is ok with sitting outside.

Also wanting to plan a trip with the group for January. Bring your ideas!

Navigator

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX
Member #

Everybody good with sitting outside once we head into the restaurant? I was going to bring my dog if everybody is ok with sitting outside.

Also wanting to plan a trip with the group for January. Bring your ideas!
Outside sounds good to me.