tractor to trail

Rank III

Advocate I

N. Florida
First Name
Fred
Last Name
S
Anyone using Renogy products? Solar, Lithium batteries,charge controllers or the DC to DC with mppt. What's your experience good or bad
I use the portable suitcase I think it's called. It's 100w and I'm impressed with it. I would order from them again. It is not a permanent mount but no problem with it. I will put a link to me using it below if you want more details check it out. Hope it helps with your decision.

scott_OR

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Pendleton, OR, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

I have several Renogy products and have for several years now. The quality is usually real good. Their service is pretty good but last year like everyone I think I heard lots of people grumble about the poor service. But I’d chalk that up to the Vid. I’ve not had a bad product from them. I own inverter, panels on 3 rigs, a couple portable panels and controllers.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Two controllers and two panels here. I haven't had any issues so no dealing with customer service.

B-R

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tampa, FL, USA
Member #

One controller two panels had questions on install
Other than a long wait on hold to get to someone customer support was very knowledgeable and helpful
Been on my rig almost two years now with no issues
Hopefully you can them on sale as I did

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Lots, no issues.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I have had one of the Renogy 100w mono panels on my roof for a few years and it works great. Highly recommend solid panels over the flexible type.
1641227616679.png
I am in the middle of a full electrical system rebuild. I am using Renogy 170AH 12v LiFePo4 batteries primarily because they happen to be the right size (I have barely enough space to work with under my front runner drawer system with the 3rd row seats removed. The batteries are 6.1" wide, or tall on their side, which work perfectly). I am using Victron for the MPPT, shore power, smart shunt and bus bar. Redarc for the DCDC.

1641227588727.png
Once I am done you won't even be able to see any of this stuff and it will be in a space that is hard to use for anything else. 4200 Watt hours of power!
1641227823540.png

Reactions: Billiebob

tractor to trail

Rank III

Advocate I

N. Florida
First Name
Fred
Last Name
S
I have had one of the Renogy 100w mono panels on my roof for a few years and it works great. Highly recommend solid panels over the flexible type.
View attachment 219318
I am in the middle of a full electrical system rebuild. I am using Renogy 170AH 12v LiFePo4 batteries primarily because they happen to be the right size (I have barely enough space to work with under my front runner drawer system with the 3rd row seats removed. The batteries are 6.1" wide, or tall on their side, which work perfectly). I am using Victron for the MPPT, shore power, smart shunt and bus bar. Redarc for the DCDC.

View attachment 219317
Once I am done you won't even be able to see any of this stuff and it will be in a space that is hard to use for anything else. 4200 Watt hours of power!
View attachment 219319
Sweet set up.

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Hi mate, I have a Renogy 100W flexi solar panel attached to my iKamper mini. I got the panel sent over from US as it wasnt available here in AUS and was quicker to have it imported instead of sitting on the wait list. Having used a few different brands of different types (hard, blanket and flexi), I cant fault the Renogy panel.

speedkills

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Auburn, California, United States
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Delmore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YND
I’ve used their stuff and been very happy with it. Used it to build out my auxiliary electrical system under a false floor on my old LR4.

pluton

Rank IV

Member I

Santa Monica, CA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Barefoot
Member #

I bought a Renogy 100W "solar suitcase" a few months ago. Regrettably, I haven't had the chance to use it for the fridge battery top off purpose I intended it for, but I've used it to top off my vehicle's battery. The vehicle itself will charge the Odyssey 34R AGM battery only to about 80% of full charge. The Renogy 100W solar suitcase will take the charge to 90% (12.7 volts resting). I'd prefer my battery to be charged a bit more completely than 90%. I suspect the low-end charge controller that came with the Renogy is the culprit. More to come...

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Just installed a Renogy DCC30S and have been running around testing it with no problems. Ran the not-new battery down-ish earlier this week testing to see if I could still get at least 48 hours running the fridge (with no charging) and it mostly charged the battery back up in a 30 minute drive yesterday (connected to alternator power). Also have their bluetooth module which makes checking the battery easy peasy from the phone or tablet while driving or sitting at camp. I opted for a portable solution, a la KickAss battery box style, to make it easy to remove and use at (base) camp should I choose to do that. Have solar panels from previous incarnation and need to do about 30 minutes of rewiring to connect them. Will do that when my needs dictate but am planning all driving trips this year.

My only complaints are that it is larger than I thought it would be and that the various wire/cable connections sprout out from all sides - would be happier with unified bundle like the RedArc BCDC1225D has. No biggie.

Rednogy bluetooth app on phone during fridge/battery discharge experiment (battery passed easily!). While driving yesterday all of the 0s were meaningful values indicating charge was occurring.
IMG_6758.PNG

Battery/charging box tucked away under kitchen cupboard.
IMG_6747.jpeg

Battery box under kitchen cupboard (Alu-Cab aluminum) with new diamond-plate-of-magnetic-goodness installed.
IMG_6748.jpeg

Last edited:

RideFlyDiveJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

I am using the Rich Solar 30a MPPT charge controller (rebranded Renogy) with 2 Zamp 90 panels for the past 3 years. It keeps the trailer running and has a BT addon that works great. The application is a is great keeps history and updates fast. Only minus is that you have to manually connect to the controller each time. Small price to pay though. A Youtuber reviewed them and liked the Rich Solar over Renogy for better connections and accessories are compatible between them. That's what sold me on it.