HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello everyone, @Sierratough and I just got back from a meeting with @Kent R and his wife. It was a productive meeting with lots of notes passed on to us. Sierratough and I will speak again and determine a place for a meet and greet in our area. This meet will help determine how we should proceed as a group and what interests/expectations that should be met. There are a lot of folk in the Reno and surrounding area and some are not frequent visitors to this site. Thus, it was suggested to utilize the Rally function of the OB site to send a message to all parties. Hang in there, Sierratough and I are still learning our way around the site and hope to have a plan, meet, etc. soon.

MTNYOTA

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
First Name
Richard
Last Name
M
Member #

This is great!

I'm still fairley new to the Reno area so I would love to meet any local members. I'm free on the weekends as well as after 5 pm during the week depending on my work schedule.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using OB Talk mobile app
Sweet welcome to reno and ob

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app

Mike D.

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, NV
Member #

So far I have only checked out a few roads near my place off Maccaren in North Reno.

I am however looking for some help installing my new front recovery point that I just got from Bulletproof Fab. At the moment I don't have access to any of my tools or a place to work. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. To my understanding, this is a simple part swap and bolt on.

upload_2018-2-27_9-29-58.png

Reactions: MTNYOTA

MTNYOTA

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
First Name
Richard
Last Name
M
Member #

So far I have only checked out a few roads near my place off Maccaren in North Reno.

I am however looking for some help installing my new front recovery point that I just got from Bulletproof Fab. At the moment I don't have access to any of my tools or a place to work. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. To my understanding, this is a simple part swap and bolt on.

View attachment 49367
I'm free this weekend your welcome to come and knock it out

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Mike D.

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, NV
Member #

Mike D.

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, NV
Member #

Awesome!! I don't have any plans this weekend. Here is what we are looking at. https://www.bpfabricating.com/collections/tacoma/products/tacoma-recovery-tow-hook

I get that is supposed to be a simple bolt on project, but what I haven't been able to find out is what the bolts need to be torqued to.

View attachment 49368
@x91crawlerx - Just got a response from Bullet Proof Fab and according to Toyota, the bolts need to be torqued to 38 pounds. So that's some good news.

Brooke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Also there is a local maker space called the Generator in Sparks that has a full auto shop and metal shop. Used to be free for all but now they are charging a membership fee for those who can afford it.

Awesome!! I don't have any plans this weekend. Here is what we are looking at. https://www.bpfabricating.com/collections/tacoma/products/tacoma-recovery-tow-hook

I get that is supposed to be a simple bolt on project, but what I haven't been able to find out is what the bolts need to be torqued to.

View attachment 49368

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hope everyone is staying warm on this snowy night. I wanted to check in and let you know that we are still looking to secure a meeting location. Hoping to have something soon. Be safe if you have to venture out.

Reactions: Mike D. and MTNYOTA

Mike D.

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, NV
Member #

Very productive day so far.

Thanks to @x91crawlerx for offering to swap out my stock front recovery point for my new BP front point (nice new coat of red paint as well) for me and also for taking me on a quick drive to the public land.

Hey, Rich I told my SO about that camping trip idea and she is stoked!

Really looking forward this meetup. Making the move to Reno is really starting to look up.
20180303_105731.jpg 20180303_105407.jpg 20180303_105419.jpg 20180303_105429.jpg 20180303_120533.jpg