Reno NV- Meet & Greet Planning Thread

• HTML tutorial

Brooke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

I'd like to meet somewhere we can drive a little. I think the hills up past verdi are nice, there is a well trafficked quartz mine up there with an area big enough to park several cars. Pyramid lake is always a hit. Also out near huffaketer hills there are some trails that would facilitate a meetup. There is also that off road park on pyramid (by the kohl's and wal Mart)

rebel-kj

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Reno NV
Member #

I'd like to meet somewhere we can drive a little. I think the hills up past verdi are nice, there is a well trafficked quartz mine up there with an area big enough to park several cars. Pyramid lake is always a hit. Also out near huffaketer hills there are some trails that would facilitate a meetup. There is also that off road park on pyramid (by the kohl's and wal Mart)
I think the quartz mine idea is pretty cool.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I'd like to meet somewhere we can drive a little. I think the hills up past verdi are nice, there is a well trafficked quartz mine up there with an area big enough to park several cars. Pyramid lake is always a hit. Also out near huffaketer hills there are some trails that would facilitate a meetup. There is also that off road park on pyramid.
I know Crystal Mine.....been there several times.

Reactions: Brooke

PhotoGuru

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Reno, NV
First Name
Hunter
Last Name
Howatt
Member #

I’m in. Most anytime Saturday, and Sunday afternoons work for me.

South Reno, but I know where the Go Pedal is so I’ll drive to meet up. Somewhere with coffee and grub is good. Recovery gear ready to rock.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I’m in. Most anytime Saturday, and Sunday afternoons work for me.

South Reno, but I know where the Go Pedal is so I’ll drive to meet up. Somewhere with coffee and grub is good. Recovery gear ready to rock.
Thanks for letting us know. We are keeping the thread alive for a few more days before setting the date/time/place. I know everyone on the thread is anxious but hang in there.

Last edited:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I like the enthusiasm on the thread. Some great ideas and locations here. This weekend I should post a meeting point for us to have our first meet and greet as a group and then from there decide the best course of action for future of Reno M&Gs. There is a lot we can learn from each other's experience. Speaking of experience, Kent from Sierra Foothills Overlanders has graciously volunteered to see we get off on the right track with all wheels on the ground.

Just a few more days and we will be off and running. :sunglasses:

SMAR

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Smar
Last Name
Smar
I guess i am the odd ball out living in Carson! But used to live in Spanish Springs so i know this spot 39°34'05.2"N 119°45'01.4"W! Weekdays work better for me but it looks like Weekend is going to be the time. Ill make it work, count me in!

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I guess i am the odd ball out living in Carson! But used to live in Spanish Springs so i know this spot 39°34'05.2"N 119°45'01.4"W! Weekdays work better for me but it looks like Weekend is going to be the time. Ill make it work, count me in!
Glad you are interested. Stay tuned....

Reactions: MTNYOTA

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Reactions: rebel-kj and Dana