Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Ok, I know some of you like to brave the conditions and do some winter travel and camping. And in keeping with my thoughts on doing a regional trip every season, I want to start trying to plan something for this winter. I have no idea what it will look like at this point. So for now, I want to hear from all of you in the East region. Where do you go? Do you camp? Do you hike/snowshoe/cross country ski while you are there. I would love to know what kind of trips folks do when Old Man Winter is at his peak.
Aaaaaaand GO!

Bodhisattva05X

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western MA
Member #

One thing to take into account is that the trails in VT, NH, ME turn into either snowmobile or cross country skiing trails and vehicular access is closed. For the past three years I've done a "winter" trip in Maine with a few people. Not sure if it's happening this year as the organizer is not feeling up to the task and the issues in the NMW

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

One thing to take into account is that the trails in VT, NH, ME turn into either snowmobile or cross country skiing trails and vehicular access is closed. For the past three years I've done a "winter" trip in Maine with a few people. Not sure if it's happening this year as the organizer is not feeling up to the task and the issues in the NMW
Understood, and I realize that most if not all trails will be closed to road going vehicles. I would like to plan something, anything, even if its just some camping at a campground and hanging out.

Also, this is an East Region trip. So anything Virginia north is fair play.

Randy.Hill

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rumford, RI
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Hill
Member #

I usually am doing day trips to New Hampshire. Hike, snowshoe and cross country ski. A lot of the secondary paved roads in the White Mountains are gated and closed for the winter as well.

Bodhisattva05X

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western MA
Member #

If you want to do a legit winter camp, say late November, early December. I know a great place where we can camp. We would have access to a bar and restaurant as well. It's a pretty secluded place at that. I camped there last year and the landowners are amazing, and would be more than accommodating. As if you couldn't see a theme here, it's in Maine.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

If you want to do a legit winter camp, say late November, early December. I know a great place where we can camp. We would have access to a bar and restaurant as well. It's a pretty secluded place at that. I camped there last year and the landowners are amazing, and would be more than accommodating. As if you couldn't see a theme here, it's in Maine.
LOL, Sounds awesome. Definitely something to consider.