Refrigerator reccos

• HTML tutorial

TheDrakes

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sacramento
Member #

Looking to make a fridge purchase. Feels like I’m down to the ARB or Dometic brand. Any recommendations? Personal experiences? Thanks for the help!
I like having ice cubes. Does anyone using a single zone fridge add a small bag of ice cubes in the fridge? Or would they melt too quickly?

Dr Gil

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Gil
Last Name
Kajiki
I like having ice cubes. Does anyone using a single zone fridge add a small bag of ice cubes in the fridge? Or would they melt too quickly?
Yes, I do that occasionally. I keep my ARB at 29-32 degrees most time. It makes the ice last longer but it will still melt over the course of a few days. I keep it in a small dry bag so the melted ice doesn't leak all over the bottom of the fridge.

My Grizzly cooler holds ice better than my ARB, but I also put 7-10lbs in my Grizzly at a time.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Yes, I do that occasionally. I keep my ARB at 29-32 degrees most time. It makes the ice last longer but it will still melt over the course of a few days. I keep it in a small dry bag so the melted ice doesn't leak all over the bottom of the fridge.

My Grizzly cooler holds ice better than my ARB, but I also put 7-10lbs in my Grizzly at a time.
Do you keep the ice in the middle section at the bottom of the ARB? I’ve been able to keep ice cream in there for a few days, set at about the same temps.

Dr Gil

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Gil
Last Name
Kajiki
Do you keep the ice in the middle section at the bottom of the ARB? I’ve been able to keep ice cream in there for a few days, set at about the same temps.
It's pretty close to the middle section. I use the divider and the dry bag ends up being right there near the center. It takes up about half of the fridge space at the bottom depending upon how much ice I want to put into the dry bag.

Reactions: sabjku

REWDBOY

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

LA,CA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
M
Member #

IMG_0008.JPG
I bought this one on amazon, so far it's been everything I had hoped for. Runs fine off the 12v plug in back of jeep, then I switch over to a Yeti battery when at camp. I think it's the same specs as the Smittybilt 54qt model. I keep it at a steady 34°F which keeps the beer ice cold. Haven't tried ice cream yet, but according to the specs it should handle just fine.