Red Bird 6/25 and 26

• Total voters

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Well, since my wife decided she might go and it is supposed to be pretty hot, we got a cabin there in the Greene Sullivan NF. There are more cabins available and at $40 a night with AC it is pretty reasonable.

Reactions: esihrer

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Guys this rain we are getting is making me nervous. Redbird is a swamp when it rains and muddy as crap. If it keeps raining it may be too muddy to enjoy it. Are you guys open to the Badlands Offroad Park? It is in Attica, IN.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Badlands would just be a backup plan. I will call the Redbird office when they open and get their opinions.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

OK forget what I said. LOL I called them, it shouldn't be too bad at Redbird this weekend. Any of you guys have a winch in case we do get stuck? I have my VooDoo Kinetic rope, @TractionJack and Hi-Lift to get out but a winch may prove useful if we get in mud to the frame

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

esihrer

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central Illinois
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Sihrer
Member #

I do not, it's on the list for next year. We got dumped on in central Illinois this morning and it looked like it was heading that way. But it's been so hot and dry lately it may just all suck up into the ground and not be a problem.

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
OK forget what I said. LOL I called them, it shouldn't be too bad at Redbird this weekend. Any of you guys have a winch in case we do get stuck? I have my VooDoo Kinetic rope, @TractionJack and Hi-Lift to get out but a winch may prove useful if we get in mud to the frame
Check page 122 of the "What did you do with your rig today" thread. Got ya covered. Looking forward to exercizing it....

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I do not, it's on the list for next year. We got dumped on in central Illinois this morning and it looked like it was heading that way. But it's been so hot and dry lately it may just all suck up into the ground and not be a problem.

Yeah so far I think it will be fine there. Looks like no more rain until Sunday. Will be hot as hell though!

esihrer

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central Illinois
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Sihrer
Member #

Not looking forward to the heat at all. May have to set up my RTT next to your AC unit, in your fancy cabin, and run a line into it.

esihrer

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central Illinois
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Sihrer
Member #

Made it to Greene-Sullivan. Looking for a campsite. This is a huge place. Wampler lake is looking promising.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Wish I was there! Deb is out of town, and Claire is teaching Vacation Bible School, so I'm being the taxi this week. Then Saturday, I'm hauling stuff for the garden club for the city-wide garage sale. But then , it is supposed to be miserably hot and I'd be in a tent, so maybe I'm glad I'm not there... Have a blast!