Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Hello, Socal Overland Bound Members and guests alike! I am planning to do a run in place of the March Meetup, on Saturday, March 17th. This will be a FULL DAY, so please be prepared to be out on the trail for a full day. Pack plenty of food and water and some layers as the temperature will likely drop in the afternoon. This is an easy trail with some great scenery.
Red Canyon Jeep trail is a fun double track that then drops into a graded road, the Bradshaw Trail. We will see the old trestle bridge and time permitting the slot canyon nearby. We'll proceed to drive the Bradshaw trail and find a nice place for lunch. Time permitting we'll stop at the Off-Road obstacles park for a bit, then head out to Blythe, air-up, have dinner and head home.

COMS:
Primary: GMRS CH. 3 (traffic permitting)
Secondary: CB CHannel 16 (traffic permitting)

PLANS:
9am-9:30am - Meet at General Patton Musem. If you get there early fuel up.
9:30 am - Roll out to the trailhead. There we will air down, from what I hear even Bradshaw trail is a bit rough so this will help.
10am - Begin Red Canyon Jeep Trail and the rest of our day.
12-ish We'll stop for lunch, eat what you brung.
1- ish continue on. Rest of the day is pushing forward on Bradshaw trail, should take a few hours with some stop.

GPS Files:
https://www.gaiagps.com/public/kEHSo3bzLGDZVzn1Y8M6mZ3M

Trail Leaders:
  • Frank Martinez
  • Chris Partida
Confirmed:
  1. JKarsy
  2. Bob K
  3. Terry Pickens
  4. Randal Miller
  5. ALPHA_H3T
  6. McEasy
  7. ethernectar
  8. MattDaddyJK88
  9. Todd Bynon
  10. smritte
  11. SoCal-JKU14
  12. Stevop007

View Rally Point
Last edited:
Reactions: John R

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
I think I am going to have to do a backup, I might be pushing the ham too soon. Of course, you are always welcome!
I know was just giving you a hard time. Can not wait to get out there. I will be bringing my camping gear just incase I want to spend the night out there.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
I know was just giving you a hard time. Can not wait to get out there. I will be bringing my camping gear just incase I want to spend the night out there.
Chris and I found a great spot last time we camped out there. I might just double back and camp with you. We might get a free airshow out of it!

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
RUN IS FULL AT 15 ATTENDING. Thank you! If your plans change and you are not able to attend please remember to update your RSVP so someone else may take your spot.

Semper Adventure

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Service Branch
USAM
Any reason why the trailer would be significantly more difficult with a trailer? Looking to potentially drag the Chaser out and camping while out.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Any reason why the trailer would be significantly more difficult with a trailer? Looking to potentially drag the Chaser out and camping while out.
Nope, the trail is pretty easy with one steep climb. Any 4x4 capable vehicle can do it. Some sand areas but nothing difficult. It's nice scenic trail that drops into a large access road.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
OK, Folks, I put together the list of who is confirmed for this trip so we have names down. I will fill in on post #1 what names I have from this thread already, make sure you're on it if you have confirmed RSVP. I will also have this list up on the FB page later today.

Rally point is the official list. Saying "In" in the thread does not supersede the Rally Point RSVP.

If you're a badge holding member of OB and not a member of the OB west FB click the link in my sig to join. You'll be prompted to enter your badge number.