Rank II

Enthusiast I

Alvin, TX, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Swinner
Member #

Not sure if this is the area to post this or not so please let me know. My name is Don and I live south of Houston. Somewhere around May 14th, I will be attending a class in Irving for half a day and wanted to camp at a nice area up that way to take a break and enjoy the scenery. Can y’all recommend an are that is not further than about an hour away from Irving that would be nice to set up camp?

Thanks! And I wouldn’t mind meeting up to meet anyone that is available and willing. I am new to this as well as a new member.

Take care!

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Not sure if this is the area to post this or not so please let me know. My name is Don and I live south of Houston. Somewhere around May 14th, I will be attending a class in Irving for half a day and wanted to camp at a nice area up that way to take a break and enjoy the scenery. Can y’all recommend an are that is not further than about an hour away from Irving that would be nice to set up camp?

Thanks! And I wouldn’t mind meeting up to meet anyone that is available and willing. I am new to this as well as a new member.

Take care!
Don,
this group is in the Austin and San Antonio area. Not sure how much DFW advice we can pass along.

Reactions: JeepinOutdoors

JeepinOutdoors

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Alvin, TX, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Swinner
Member #

Take care!
Don,
this group is in the Austin and San Antonio area. Not sure how much DFW advice we can pass along.
thanks so much! hopefully I will get to meet y’all soon.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
So if this is Austin and San Antonio area, does anyone know if there is a DFW area meet and greet thread?
I think there may be multiple meetups in that area. I’ve seen them at Bass Pro both in Grapevine and also Rockwall.

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
FYI - The calendar was somehow showing Sundays as the meeting day. Should be fixed now for anyone confused about the day to show up.

Reactions: Ben Cleveland

GX Jim

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Argyle, TX, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Fay
Member #

Reactions: Familytime

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Looking like another lovely morning for our meeting this Saturday. Bring swim gear.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparksalot