Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
For the sulfur Springs camp meet up, are we meeting at sulfur Springs camp or are we starting out someplace else? I’m coming from San Antonio up Highway 281.
Likely at the camp. People will come from several directions. I’m guessing @Mrprotaganist will have more info on where to meet or which people/vehicles will arrive first. That’s how we did Oxford ranch recently.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I would like to say thank y’all for letting me join the meet up today and hope to see y’all soon
Enjoyed meeting you. Hopefully, you can make one of the trips, too.

AdventureGuy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Paul
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4SAP
San Saba County lifted their burn ban so campfires are authorized for the SulferSprings Camp meetup

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

For the sulfur Springs camp meet up, are we meeting at sulfur Springs camp or are we starting out someplace else? I’m coming from San Antonio up Highway 281.
Probably meet there on that Friday at the campsite. Everyone will be arriving at different times due to work and starting locations. I'll drop a pin on Google Maps and share it. There isn't any cell signal at the camp so navigation and radio comms will need to be used to find the location.

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

Alright fellow overlanders, here are the GPS coordinates for the campsite for the Feb. 21-23 trip. OB will not let me create a rally point for some reason and no one is getting back to me on why that is. If someone wants to create one please do. you can reach me for any additional details by texting me at 210.630.8551. Camp Friday night, explore the area on Saturday with stops at 2 suspension bridges and a BBQ burrito joint in San Saba then camp Saturday night. Hope to see everyone out there!

31.076427, -98.464037

1580744733652.png

Reactions: Slowone and KA7USA

AdventureGuy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Paul
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4SAP
Alright guys. Here is the Rally Point, hope to see you all there!

Sulphur Springs Camp and Back Road Exploration

Great! Registered. The gps coordinates work on google maps so I should have no problem getting there.

San Saba County removed the fire ban on outside burning so we should be able to have a campfire - if its not raining too hard. I'll bring firewood. What else can I bring? Cooking on our own or community? I'd like to contribute!

This is my first over land trip, and I only have a 2wd, so I'll need some mentoring if the trail gets too rough.

Scott

Raw Xpedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

will this be a reoccurring camp trip?
We have meet-up planned the following weekend and would be hard to make this and that. But we would love to come out there and meet some new folks

cheers

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #