Recovery Board Color: What are your preferred Color Choices?

• HTML tutorial

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Assuming you have them, or plan too, ......why did you/do you, choose that color for your use? Board colors now seem to come in many flavors, from the original Orange, to now Tan, Olive, Plum, Black, Lime Green, Blue, Red, etc. It seems this has become a way to entice buyers, who might not be ready to purchase a pair. X-Bull copies, Max-Trax, and other manufacturers now offer many color variations, especially the Max-Trax brand. How many OB members choose a particular color to match their rig, or does that not matter?

In another thread, sale price discussions, and preferred board types, have been talked about, as those offerings from China, seem to be in a Clearance sales mode. Watching weekly sales on Amazon, and especially E-Bay, certain color choices have dried up, due, it seems, to popularity. Another thing noticed, is that certain color options become more expensive vs others, as stock quantities become lower on that product choice.

I do not think this has been discussed, as most discussions are based on BRAND, or DURABILITY or DESIGN. It would be enlightening to see what part COLOR play's in the over all decision process, now that this is a option.

.............................................MAXTRAX MK II Recovery Boards - Available in 15 Unique Colors.......................................................
.............................................TRED recovery board color options -13 - Image Search Results................................................................
ALMOST EVERY COLOR UNDER THE RAINBOW, WELL NOT QUITE, BUT CLOSE :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

Bring it on, this should be a good pop corn thread... :grinning:

A side note:
Does factory mounting options play any secondary part in your BOARD choice? :sunglasses:
1564988200910.png1564988238232.png1564988264148.png1564988336731.png1564988349223.png1564988525369.png

Last edited:

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Mine are Orange. Not because it matches my rig (it doesn't) or because it was a great discount price (it wasn't), but because International Orange (or Coast Guard Orange) is a high visibility color that will be easier to find when covered in the muck I am trying to get out of. Function over Fashion.

S

SubeeBen

Got the red x-bulls because that’s what e bay had at the time. But kinda of like orange you should be able to find easily in sand/mud/snow. & they work amazingly also only had to use once in sand as I didn’t have my compressor ro re inflate tires.

Reactions: Desert Runner

twinight

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Socal
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Wan
I got black which matches the white vehicle. But purchased that color so the boards don't stand out when mounted on the roof rack. Why? Because I drive a crossover, and don't want to portray the image of a vehicle more capable than it is.

• Haha

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Black or tan mud.

They all look like heck after being used a few times.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Relevant /irrelevant maybe, but I could see an advantage in using a recognized emergency color(orange) in the event that they could possibly be used for emergency signaling in dire circumstances.

Alex Brame

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

I don't stay rational all the time, and the wrangler is my new toy, hate to admit it. I started to add blue accents, so I found blue recovery ramps. I imagine they'll survive for two or three uses, then I'll get sensible and get the real ones (orange maxtrax, I believe).

• Haha

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
Anything I have that's going to routinely be left on the ground is some obnoxious neon color. Especially hunting knives. But Maxtrax too. Our first pair is neon green, because it's our grandson's fave. The second set is orange.

The Griptilians are orange and yellow. The Moras are neon orange or red. I have plenty of nice knves, but those are the ones that go hunting...

Reactions: Sparksalot

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Mine are black; they were inexpensive; I got four of them for under $100. Truck is white but with black bed liner, rack, and RTT cover they do look good mounted on the racks. For now, and until needed they will remain in their nice little protective bags and stored in/under the drawerless deck I built in the bed. Tailgate can be locked for added security.

Reactions: MuckSavage

Jeremy M.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mascoutah, IL, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
McNeil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2JTM
Service Branch
Army
I don't have any yet, but Maxtrax are on the list to buy and when I get them they will be Orange, I'd hate to lose a set in nasty mud because I thought it would be clever to get OD Green or similar color.