Recovery Board Color: What are your preferred Color Choices?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Desert Runner

Rank V

Traveler III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Assuming you have them, or plan too, ......why did you/do you, choose that color for your use? Board colors now seem to come in many flavors, from the original Orange, to now Tan, Olive, Plum, Black, Lime Green, Blue, Red, etc. It seems this has become a way to entice buyers, who might not be ready to purchase a pair. X-Bull copies, Max-Trax, and other manufacturers now offer many color variations, especially the Max-Trax brand. How many OB members choose a particular color to match their rig, or does that not matter?

In another thread, sale price discussions, and preferred board types, have been talked about, as those offerings from China, seem to be in a Clearance sales mode. Watching weekly sales on Amazon, and especially E-Bay, certain color choices have dried up, due, it seems, to popularity. Another thing noticed, is that certain color options become more expensive vs others, as stock quantities become lower on that product choice.

I do not think this has been discussed, as most discussions are based on BRAND, or DURABILITY or DESIGN. It would be enlightening to see what part COLOR play's in the over all decision process, now that this is a option.

.............................................MAXTRAX MK II Recovery Boards - Available in 15 Unique Colors.......................................................
.............................................TRED recovery board color options -13 - Image Search Results................................................................
ALMOST EVERY COLOR UNDER THE RAINBOW, WELL NOT QUITE, BUT CLOSE :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

Bring it on, this should be a good pop corn thread... :grinning:

A side note:
Does factory mounting options play any secondary part in your BOARD choice? :sunglasses:
1564988200910.png1564988238232.png1564988264148.png1564988336731.png1564988349223.png1564988525369.png

Last edited:

Jedi

US Northwest Region Director
Staff member
Supporter

Influencer II

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6JDI
Mine are Orange. Not because it matches my rig (it doesn't) or because it was a great discount price (it wasn't), but because International Orange (or Coast Guard Orange) is a high visibility color that will be easier to find when covered in the muck I am trying to get out of. Function over Fashion.

Jku Ben

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
Member #

Got the red x-bulls because that’s what e bay had at the time. But kinda of like orange you should be able to find easily in sand/mud/snow. & they work amazingly also only had to use once in sand as I didn’t have my compressor ro re inflate tires.

Reactions: Desert Runner

twinight

Rank 0

Contributor I

Socal
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Wan
I got black which matches the white vehicle. But purchased that color so the boards don't stand out when mounted on the roof rack. Why? Because I drive a crossover, and don't want to portray the image of a vehicle more capable than it is.

• Haha

MidOH

Rank V

Traveler III

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham Callsign
YourHighness
Black or tan mud.

They all look like heck after being used a few times.

bgenlvtex

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Relevant /irrelevant maybe, but I could see an advantage in using a recognized emergency color(orange) in the event that they could possibly be used for emergency signaling in dire circumstances.