Launch Member

Pathfinder II

52A Mars Street, Carlisle WA, Australia
First Name
Alexandre
Last Name
Couto Ferreira
Member #

Sounds like an awsome trip, are you planning on getting mexican insurance?! I was looking into it on racedezert and most of them recommend going with bajabound for car insurance
We don't get insurance unless it's compulsory. Our truck is difficult to insure in most countries as it's a Japanese bizarre thing

Sent from my Moto G (4) using OB Talk mobile app

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
View attachment 29142This picture was taken just outside ensenada heading south towards Santo Tomas View attachment 29143 Once off pavement, you start to drive through local dirt roads so drive careful for oncoming trafficView attachment 29144 eventually you start to skirt the coastView attachment 29145here you can see La Calavera in the background, few abandoned fisherman hooches and the beach on the furthest right of the picture.

This was my first trip to this area, took my dad on a surprise trip with Wide Open Excursions who let us drive that black Baja Challenge Race Car for about a 150 mile round trip.

The drive was so awsome we decided to visit that place again for any race taking that way. So in June of 2017 we went back to camp at La Calavera
Small world man, I chase for Wide Open during the Baja 1000. I will be down in Baja in November again for the 50th!
I see Miguel might of been your guide huh? Man that guy is the Mexican Robby Gordon, he is fast!

Anyway, November has great weather down there so anyone planning a trip should consider doing some camping during the 1000 and watch some awesome racing down there. Easy to get maps or gps file of the course.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: DezertRat

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
Small world man, I chase for Wide Open during the Baja 1000. I will be down in Baja in November again for the 50th!
I see Miguel might of been your guide huh? Man that guy is the Mexican Robby Gordon, he is fast!

Anyway, November has great weather down there so anyone planning a trip should consider doing some camping during the 1000 and watch some awesome racing down there. Easy to get maps or gps file of the course.

Yea miguel was a beast! We had a blast trying to keep up, good thing we finished with no flats and no accidents!
Ill be down by Bay LA for the 1,000 if you guys need anything

Reactions: Cam_Cam_Tech

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
Yea miguel was a beast! We had a blast trying to keep up, good thing we finished with no flats and no accidents!
Ill be down by Bay LA for the 1,000 if you guys need anything
With the current job change I'm not sure if I'll be able to chase the whole way down anymore. So I may go half way (Bay of La) and come back up to Ensenada and then home.

But I'm in Ensenada the Sunday and all week of the race. If you are in the area come by the shop there or grab some cervezas downtown.

Last edited: