Reattaching the OB emblem

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

OK, as you know i wrecked my last overland rig and now have bought a new one and will be starting on it soon.

I removed my emblem from my old rig and will soon need to put it on the new one.... Ideas on how to remove old adhesive and what to use as new?

Thanks!

@administrator tagging to see if you have had experience with this.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

I would use a plastic putty knive... maybe a razor if the vehicle was totalled ;). Then clean the residue with this:

Then get another 3M automotive double sided tape patch (amazon) and slap it on! @administrator might be able to tell you exactly what part # the badge makers use.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Use a heat gun. When nice and hot, use thick fishing line to run behind the badge. Wont scratch paint or dent panels like putty knives and razors. Should just fall off when you run the fishing line behind it. That's how my friend gets the emblems off expensive sports cars. Those silly dealers slap their badges on everything. If I pay over 100k for a car I don't want a dealer badge on it. Anyway, Have fun. Let us know how the reattaching goes.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Use a heat gun. When nice and hot, use thick fishing line to run behind the badge. Wont scratch paint or dent panels like putty knives and razors. Should just fall off when you run the fishing line behind it. That's how my friend gets the emblems off expensive sports cars. Those silly dealers slap their badges on everything. If I pay over 100k for a car I don't want a dealer badge on it. Anyway, Have fun. Let us know how the reattaching goes.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that technique... dental floss works too ;)

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

LOL... You guys think I care about the body panels of my totaled Jeep??? bahahaha I just used my pocket knife and pried it off. I don't care about the finish, she's going to the auction anyways :(

I more was leaning towards asking how to reattach it to the new rig, what adhesive to use?

I do have some adhesive left on the back side of the emblem but i think I can use a razor blade and scrape it all off.

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Gorilla Epoxy...just don't crash again because you wont be able to remove the emblem once epoxied.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

you should be able to find those 3m adhesive pads at an auto parts store or online. they aren't expensive.

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

I stuck an old Land Rover emblem on with thin sheet magnet material. It didn't move.
I used 3M tape to stick the emblem to the magnet, then stuck the magnet to the vehicle. It stuck out a wee bit further than normal, but it was easy to remove when I sold the truck.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I would use a plastic putty knive... maybe a razor if the vehicle was totalled ;). Then clean the residue with this:

Then get another 3M automotive double sided tape patch (amazon) and slap it on! @administrator might be able to tell you exactly what part # the badge makers use.
We can send you a new adhesive backing. We have spares! Write info@overlandbound.com

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland