Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Nice Jeep! I had a Rock Hard 4x4 swing-out tire carrier with built-in Hi-Lift Mount and 2 added 5 gal Jerry can mounts. The included bumper has the clevis attachment points and trailering capability. Plus, I added the basket mounts to carry my tent. It was great for lugging extra gas and water during week long trips in the Canyonlands Maze District.
1588692804548.jpeg
It was great off-road for what I intended but I was able to pinpoint an issue on-road during my last trip to Moab. I thought my TJ was developing death wobble whenever I tagged a bump in the road. I replaced all of the steering components trying to solve the issue. Turns out the tire carrier amplify the lateral oscillations (I replaced the swing-out’s guts with new bearings from Rock Hard - great customer service - but the issue persisted). I replaced the swing-out with the regular Rock Hard rear bumper and installed a Morryde tailgate reinforcement. I modified an EVO JK spare tire Rotopax mount to fit my TJ‘s stock rims so I could carry either 4 or 6 gallons of gas. This corrected my wobble issue and shed 90 lbs of weight.
3E408A99-D5D5-4CD2-A25B-3651176C2CAE.jpeg
The Jeep is carrying the same gear as the previous pic (the Clam 4-sided screened shelter is inside next to the Gazelle T3 and the traction boards) minus clothes.

Kyle_jeep_adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

10366 Bennett Road, Erie, PA, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Forbes
Member #

Nice Jeep! I had a Rock Hard 4x4 swing-out tire carrier with built-in Hi-Lift Mount and 2 added 5 gal Jerry can mounts. The included bumper has the clevis attachment points and trailering capability. Plus, I added the basket mounts to carry my tent. It was great for lugging extra gas and water during week long trips in the Canyonlands Maze District.
View attachment 152451
It was great off-road for what I intended but I was able to pinpoint an issue on-road during my last trip to Moab. I thought my TJ was developing death wobble whenever I tagged a bump in the road. I replaced all of the steering components trying to solve the issue. Turns out the tire carrier amplify the lateral oscillations (I replaced the swing-out’s guts with new bearings from Rock Hard - great customer service - but the issue persisted). I replaced the swing-out with the regular Rock Hard rear bumper and installed a Morryde tailgate reinforcement. I modified an EVO JK spare tire Rotopax mount to fit my TJ‘s stock rims so I could carry either 4 or 6 gallons of gas. This corrected my wobble issue and shed 90 lbs of weight.
View attachment 152454
The Jeep is carrying the same gear as the previous pic (the Clam 4-sided screened shelter is inside next to the Gazelle T3 and the traction boards) minus clothes.
Not all bad. Id rather buy one yes, but i want to be able to use my pental hitch & draw bar. So custom one will need made.