Rank II

Enthusiast I

Oklahoma
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Farrow
Member #

Well I lost my mind and decided to take out the rear seat and build a platform to hold my fridge, 2nd battery and the controllers and build a cabinet to hold my drone and camera equipment.

it’s not pretty and I am for the most part winging it.

I used noico sound mat on the back wall and under the floor.

decided to use the seat hardware to hold up the platform. It gives me access to the under seat storage after I remove the lids to them. I had hoped I could lay the battery cells on their seat. But they are just too wide to fit.

The passenger side will be the fridge. I may build a drawer on slides for it later on if I need better access but I have used it back there just lying on the floor and I have no problems getting anything out of it.

Drivers side will be the battery and chargers. I do have carpet to cover up the plywood. However, I forgot to buy the glue.

Attachments

Christopher Hersey

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Hersey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6GTB
Looks good so far, I have a second gen Tacoma as well and have been considering something like this.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

To think, the original Chevy Crew Cabs were built without the rear seat and called Bonus Cabs to compete with the original Dodge Club Cab and Ford Super Cab.

Unknown.jpeg

de2dc47f32ce10f17925559a05baa4ae.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MazeVX

Sparrowmict

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Oklahoma
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Farrow
Member #

Update. Got the Renogy DC/DC charger mounted. Wires all hooked up including the bedside compressor and the Bluesea terminal block and battery system. Carpeted the platform panels. I think it turned out pretty well. Next step carpeting the back wall and building out an enclosure for the battery and mounting chargers for the drone and cameras to it along with storage. Even got the bed platform uncluttered

Attachments

Reactions: MazeVX and 64Trvlr