Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Bobincheck
Morning everyone. Have a quick question. I have a 3.5 Rubicon Express lift. My rear coils are starting to sag. Due probably to all the extra weight i put on almost every weekend in the summer. Has anyone upgraded the 3.5 to the aev springs or metal cloaks? I liked the aev 4.5" heavy duty spring but then my jeep wont fit in the garage. Im not sure but i think both manufacturers are progressive rates. Any issues after install? Thanks

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Morning everyone. Have a quick question. I have a 3.5 Rubicon Express lift. My rear coils are starting to sag. Due probably to all the extra weight i put on almost every weekend in the summer. Has anyone upgraded the 3.5 to the aev springs or metal cloaks? I liked the aev 4.5" heavy duty spring but then my jeep wont fit in the garage. Im not sure but i think both manufacturers are progressive rates. Any issues after install? Thanks
You can switch to the Teraflex 3.5" Outback rear springs for the same height but more weight carrying capacity.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
When my teraflex coils started to sag, Teraflex told me to look into their coil spacers. I stuck 3/4” spacers in the rear and I haven’t had a problem since.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I ran into the same issues a few months ago with the Rough Country 3.5 springs I was running. I switched out to the ARB Old Man Emu Heavy Duty spring and shock combo, and then went for the optional 600lb rear springs from OME. Completely different stance now, and feel. Definitely rides much better with the heavier duty springs.

Reactions: Graeman

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I also have the OME heavy load springs in the rear and it completely eliminated my sag issues. The ones I run specifically are the OME 2620 for a 2.5" lift, I believe they make one for a larger lift, you'll probably have to call OME/ARB and talk to somebody to get the right parts. Alternatively, for a less permanent option, look into an AirLift 1000 kit. We ran that as a temporary fix while we waited for our lift parts to come in.

jeeping62

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

1758 North 900 East, Ogden, UT, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7MMA
I’ve had the same problem with my springs on my JK, I have tried Rubicon express – TeraFlex – BDS in 4.5 inch and they have all sagged I have an off road trailer that ITow about a month ago I went to AVE heavy duty over landing springs made all the difference in the world and then for sharks I’m running the TeraFlex falcons A completely different ride and definitely handles the weight