Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
I don’t want a large lift, just a moderate increase in height for 33” tires and better Offroad ride quality.

Can any of you provide real world experience with the fox 2.0 coil overs? I’m researching these for my front with matching shocks in the rear and perhaps some upper control arms to prevent binding and improve travel.

I’m open to other brands as long as they are good quality. I do not want greater than 2.5” of lift.

Please share your thoughts.

Trailaholic

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Norco, CA
Member #

What vehicle and what kind of use will they be put under? Do you hop on trails once in a while, every day, rock crawl, desert running, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
2015 F150 4x4 crew cab long box. Daily driver, light trails. No crawling, no crazy mud. No high speed. Off road once a week. Mix of fire/service roads, easy trails.

Buddy Molway

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Irvine Ca
Member #

I Maybe a little late to this one. However, I just did the Fox 2.0 on my F-150 I love the feel. It is exactly what I was going for. Better feel on and off road, I noticed a huge difference from the stock Ford set up. I am looking to do some other mods not sure what is next, perhaps a bed cover?

Reactions: Cole B.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

IMO the Fox is the entry level coilover for the F150. if it were me I would go King or ICON. def get upper control arms. I have heard that the ICON upper control arms are pretty noisy but havnt heard them first hand. Camburg also makes some UCA.

-Raul

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
I went with the Fox 2.0 mainly for it’s on road manners. My reality is that I spend 99% of the time on the road. King is an amazing shock/coil over however the rebuild schedule is pretty intense, Icons are definitely better for Offroad compared to my Fox 2.os however they are double the price and a harsher ride.

I’m holding off on the UCAs to see how the new “super durable and flexible” ball joints hold up on other user’s trucks, with my use that is the only way to go in my mind. I know I’ll get some and agree with you that they are needed.

When off reading it will mostly be Search and Rescue or Disaster Response work which won’t be rock crawling or extreme. I just want a little better performance over stock. I’ve built a lot of vehicles over the years and realize what level of use this truck really will see which sadly isn’t enough Offroading.