Re-name The Jeep Cherokee And Grand Cherokee....

• HTML tutorial

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

It’s another misfortune that the term is Indian giver when it should actually be American giver. The psychological concept is called projective identification. 45 used it to great effect. He wasn’t the first and he won’t be the last.
That term was used when I was a child with some regularity over the course of several decades, long, long ago.

Irrespective of historical mistreatment which I readily admit to and sympathize for, as well as routinely point to when government abuse is being excused away by any other group, none of that changes what this is about.

So yeah, if cultural identity is the foundation this is built on (which it clearly isn't), then let's get with the program and disavow all Anglo culture along with it, because you know, integrity and stuff.

Be cautious when swinging the cancel culture hammer, you may very well find it doesn't land on its intended nail.

ABerte

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Medford, OR, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Bertell
Member #

When did profit become a four letter word?
It didn't. I think the discussion is more about what standards we have for ourselves and asking what price we are willing to pay for profit.

That term was used when I was a child with some regularity over the course of several decades, long, long ago.

Irrespective of historical mistreatment which I readily admit to and sympathize for, as well as routinely point to when government abuse is being excused away by any other group, none of that changes what this is about.

So yeah, if cultural identity is the foundation this is built on (which it clearly isn't), then let's get with the program and disavow all Anglo culture along with it, because you know, integrity and stuff.

Be cautious when swinging the cancel culture hammer, you may very well find it doesn't land on its intended nail.
What is all this cancel culture stupidity? You're not a TV show. No one on this forum is a TV show. You can't be cancelled. Someone disagreeing with you and suggesting an alternate idea isn't "cancelling". They're ideas; you have one, then you have another, and maybe even another after that. They can change, they can contradict, they can evolve. Or they can stay dead still because maybe that feels safer than living in a complex world in which every inhabitant contains multitudes, even though many work furiously to deny that.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

It didn't. I think the discussion is more about what standards we have for ourselves and asking what price we are willing to pay for profit.

What is all this cancel culture stupidity? You're not a TV show. No one on this forum is a TV show. You can't be cancelled. Someone disagreeing with you and suggesting an alternate idea isn't "cancelling". They're ideas; you have one, then you have another, and maybe even another after that. They can change, they can contradict, they can evolve. Or they can stay dead still because maybe that feels safer than living in a complex world in which every inhabitant contains multitudes, even though many work furiously to deny that.
Demanding that Jeep rename a vehicle that has been in production for decades, using emotion driven reasoning, while simultaneously ignoring their own cultural appropriation is "cancel culture".

Attacking someone or something that you disagree with for personal, emotional, and/or financial gain.

I disagree with it, and I encourage all comers to reject it for the mindless drivel that it is.

No, you are not directing cancel culture at me although based on casual observation that is entirely due to lack of opportunity.

Reactions: Tripin75 and Neuvik

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Jeep should make deal to license another aboriginal band name.

Two Sheds

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Hayden, Idaho, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

To follow this rubbish , what about the Gladiator? my History knowledge is not perfect but weren’t many Gladiators original Slaves? And no one wants to go there..better change it just to be safe

Reactions: bgenlvtex