Re-name The Jeep Cherokee And Grand Cherokee....

• HTML tutorial

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

This is NOT going to go away.

Cherokee Nation chief tells Jeep to rename its SUVs (msn.com)

One of the most successful vehicles of all time, and one of the most awarded. I would advise Mother Mopar to get in front of this and get it over with.

Please try to keep this civil so as it doesn't get locked, I'm interested in your ideas.

My first thought is the Sidewinder and Grand Sidewinder. A snake never gets stuck, goes anywhere it wants, and has a bite.

What say you ?

Reactions: ABerte

Mrprez

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wildwood, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4WMZ
Cherokee is the modern name for the tribe. They were originally called:

Cherokee is pronounced "CHAIR-uh-kee." It comes from a Muskogee word meaning 'speakers of another language.' Cherokee Indians originally called themselves Aniyunwiya, "the principal people," but today they accept the name Cherokee, which is spelled and pronounced Tsalagi in their own language.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I have Caddo, Cherokee, Choctaw and Comanche blood in me. At this point I believe that chief is only going to hurt the Cherokee (indian) name even more by trying to jump on the cancel culture bandwagon.
I'd understand if it were a really shitty product trying to use the name even though I don't like dodge products its not bad enough to recall a name they've been using for so many years without a peep from the nations over those years. Chief snowflake should get off his high horse and maybe worry more about his own peoples health and well being, mabey he can fix the alcohol, drug and rape issues on the reservation.

Mrprez

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wildwood, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4WMZ
I don’t like spinach but you dont see me demanding that they stop growing that vile weed...

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
I have Caddo, Cherokee, Choctaw and Comanche blood in me. At this point I believe that chief is only going to hurt the Cherokee (indian) name even more by trying to jump on the cancel culture bandwagon.
I'd understand if it were a really shitty product trying to use the name even though I don't like dodge products its not bad enough to recall a name they've been using for so many years without a peep from the nations over those years. Chief snowflake should get off his high horse and maybe worry more about his own peoples health and well being, mabey he can fix the alcohol, drug and rape issues on the reservation.
The chief was questioned by a car and driver reporter who was looking for a clickbait article.

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

At what point does all the political correctness become just wrong in itself? Between the magazine companies, news and people in general it won't be long before we have to ask and get some type of permission before we name our newborn children lol!!

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

At what point does all the political correctness become just wrong in itself? Between the magazine companies, news and people in general it won't be long before we have to ask and get some type of permission before we name our newborn children lol!!
It won't stop till everyone agrees that up is down left is right and it ok for trans men to dominate women's sports, you have to accept that gender is a idea and not what you were born with downstairs. Basically you have to agree everything is opposite of what it really is.
Welcome to the twighlight zone.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Jeeps line up could use a few new names anyways.

Jeep Fredo. Small gauge jumper cables included, with small jewelry rated alligator clamps.

Jeep San Diego. No carpet or floor mats.

Jeep Badlands. Steal the Broncos name.

Jeep Venezuela. Complete with overlanding fridge (empty).

Jeep Potato Head. Accessory holes all over the body so you can simply plug your overlanding gear right on. Includes gender non specific appendages to. Cute eyebrows, angry lights, extremely small fruit shaped bumpers.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I don’t like spinach but you dont see me demanding that they stop growing that vile weed...
I say that about Kale but it keeps growning

Im against it also, everyone is just becoming too soft and getting hurt by names. Just look at potato head, i mean it offends you to call it mr or ms potato head?

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
This is NOT going to go away.

Cherokee Nation chief tells Jeep to rename its SUVs (msn.com)

One of the most successful vehicles of all time, and one of the most awarded. I would advise Mother Mopar to get in front of this and get it over with.

Please try to keep this civil so as it doesn't get locked, I'm interested in your ideas.

My first thought is the Sidewinder and Grand Sidewinder. A snake never gets stuck, goes anywhere it wants, and has a bite.

What say you ?
The name was formaly endorsed by the Cherokee nation at its inception. If you are offended after all these years...tough. get off your keyboard and go wheeling.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

I guarantee they could get over it for enough money.

"Wokism" will only widen the divide and create more friction.

If they renamed it the "Big Whitey X1“ the same people would still be looking for a payday for" historical abuse ".

Do not kneel before the altar of political correctness. Those who you seek to satisfy with your weakness will only be so briefly, and then they will want more.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

As has been noted, the Chief was responding to a journalist's question. Still, that was his answer...

He also went on to say that whether or not Jeep has changed the name, they are involved in ongoing positive dialog.

I have to say that I'm unhappy with the level of cancel culture as well. Back in the day, we just called it a "boycott." This is boycott on steroids. When Gina Carano - a strong, independent, different body type woman with her own outspoken views -can be thrown off the set, things are getting out of hand. Who even knew Harrison Ford's politics in the 80's? Who even cared, as long as he was great onscreen as Han or Indy?

It's not even as if this is like a "tomohawk" chop issue. Whatever way you think about the soon-to-be "Cleveland Baseball Team" or the current "Washington Football team", calling this Jeep a Cherokee is a means to honor the tribe and provide a name befitting offroad gravitas to the venerable XJ. The word Cherokee invoked a Native American who was a great tracker, hunter or warrior to be reckoned with who could survive in the wild. Applying that name to the Jeep was a means to indicate how great this Jeep is by name association.

Anyway, what do I know. Nuts!