Raptor width in NC... Are there any trails?

• HTML tutorial

Ryan Johnsen

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Durham, NC, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ryjoboogie
Hi all, Im new to the forum. Glad to meet people in the local area. I am a 33 yo single fella, recently bought a Raptor to get back into offroading. I ride dirt bikes right now albeit I don't have anyone to ride with... so if you do please reach out!.... and im trying to find places I can overland and go camping with friends that is wide enough with a raptor.... I know its not ideal size, but it be nice to know where I can go. Thanks! and happy to have a group to meet hopefully!

Ryan Johnsen

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Durham, NC, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ryjoboogie
also to be fair, im new to overlanding. Looking for local education. Even if its just a convo, this is finally my chance to get into it. im a pretty good dirt bike rider ~10 years, but haven't met anyone to ride with so ive been going alone which is unsafe in my opinion, so looking for someone to join up with. I ride a RMZ 450

R2d2bud

Rank 0

Traveler I

Lexington, SC
Member #

Hi all, Im new to the forum. Glad to meet people in the local area. I am a 33 yo single fella, recently bought a Raptor to get back into offroading. I ride dirt bikes right now albeit I don't have anyone to ride with... so if you do please reach out!.... and im trying to find places I can overland and go camping with friends that is wide enough with a raptor.... I know its not ideal size, but it be nice to know where I can go. Thanks! and happy to have a group to meet hopefully!
Hi Ryan, i’m 59 yo, Toyota Tundra, also new to overlanding, but not new to outdoor adventures, also looking for camping buddy especially while exploring new trails, been looking at lots of YouTube vids of N C trails. B glad to chat. Live midlands of SC

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

a safe bet for the Raptor is Brown Mountain OHV in Pisgah Nat. Forest. It is mostly full of dirtbike and ATV trails but there are some trails for trucks. They are wide and generally easy with a few challenging obstacles with bypasses. I would give the obstacles a 6/10 in terms of difficulty. 10 being like MOAB rock crawling and a 1 being a flat paved road. Your Raptor should not have any problems if you stay away from the skinny pedal lol

I'm the Associate Ambassador for the Southeast Region and I live in the Monroe, NC area. Give me a shout if you have any questions, or want to wheel!!