Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'm in search of running boards for my 2020 Ram crew cab. I've been searching the forums and Google and while there are plenty out there, I'd like to know if there's a consensus as to a preferred brand or style. I'm looking for 4", all black running boards. Solid metal is preferred over end caps.

I'm not looking for rock sliders because I don't want to weld them onto the frame and there are pre-drilled holes for running boards already in place. Plus I'm not going to be doing rock crawling in the Ram, though it will see some off road trails. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Pretzel

Rank IV

Member III

Greenville, NC
First Name
Eric
Last Name
D.
Member #

There are a ton of options for what you are looking for at americantrucks.com but I'm pretty sure these are all bolt-to-body step/running boards.

There is a bolt-to-frame rock slider made by white knuckle offroad, but they might be more than what you're looking for based on your statement.

Seanm26

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lynden, WA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Having worked for Dodge for 9 years and installing many different brands, the factory ones are absolutely the best.

AtlasBound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Smith
Member #

There are a ton of options for what you are looking for at americantrucks.com but I'm pretty sure these are all bolt-to-body step/running boards.

There is a bolt-to-frame rock slider made by white knuckle offroad, but they might be more than what you're looking for based on your statement.
Thanks for the suggestions. I should have specified that I was open to bolt-to-frame rock sliders, I just didn't want to weld something onto the frame. That said, I've been looking at the White Knuckle Off-Road rock sliders and they look pretty nice. I've been doing a little research on them and they seem to be pretty popular and pretty tough and durable. Are there any adverse effects due to their weight? I assume a Hi-Lift will work with them to raise the vehicle?

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

If you absolutely know you don’t need sliders. Im incredibly happy with my amp power steps. They help make my truck look lifted even though it’s just leveled 99727033-70DC-43F2-A4D0-0F547285F985.jpeg

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I will second the White Knuckle Sliders. Or even having a local shop build you a similar set. You may never NEED them, but that one time! You will wish you had them!!