Ram 1500 Overland Build

• HTML tutorial

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Unfortunately there was no adventuring this weekend so I will give an update on the build side of things. I was able to fix the squeal from the idler pulley this weekend which was caused by the thick dust from High Rock. I also found this lovely dent in the transmission pan while I was under the truck which will be delt with another time. I also have started buying parts for the front end rebuild (bearings, inner and outter tie rods, lower control arms, and CV axles). They haven't been replaced since I bought the truck so I'm thinking preventative maintenance. I also need to flush the transmission and replace the pan as well as the transfer case. A lot of work to be done but its cheaper than buying something new!

19055691_10155419931644634_7617476576114561732_o.jpg 19055306_10155419931884634_7118635489845455309_o.jpg

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Unfortunately there was no adventuring this weekend so I will give an update on the build side of things. I was able to fix the squeal from the idler pulley this weekend which was caused by the thick dust from High Rock. I also found this lovely dent in the transmission pan while I was under the truck which will be delt with another time. I also have started buying parts for the front end rebuild (bearings, inner and outter tie rods, lower control arms, and CV axles). They haven't been replaced since I bought the truck so I'm thinking preventative maintenance. I also need to flush the transmission and replace the pan as well as the transfer case. A lot of work to be done but its cheaper than buying something new!

View attachment 26073 View attachment 26074
Looks like you got lucky by not putting a hole in your pan.
Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures. I really enjoy your thread.