Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

As we dont have an ambassador for the Mid European region, I will try to be your point of contact untill someone is popping up and will take it over.
I asked Michael what it means to be an Ambassador, so, when I get the answer, I will put it here and if someone is standing up to the task, well, I will help him or her to go for it.

In the meantime I will try to organise evey month an event which will can be attend by Overland Bound Members. (from where ever they may come)
This will also pop up on the Overland Bound Meet ups. But not in the Mid Europe section.
So I will put it every time here as well.

First of course is the Rally point Autum event
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/autum-trip-2017/
which I hope will be the start of a great sequence of events with OLB members attending.

Secondly, Marco, and OLB member from Scotland will visit us in December and we decided we will do a two day trip along the Dutch/Belgium border and do some camping for one or two days.
More details will come.
I think, it could be fun if some OLB members could join us for the trip if parts of the trip.
And yes, I know, it is a long drive for Members in Germany and such.
Anyway, I will keep you updated on this.

Third, the following.
I will try to do some events in Germany, France, Spain and the eastern countries, but with that I think it would be great if you local folks can help me out.
So, do you have an idea, just contact me and we go and talk about it. And I hope that after the talks comes the action and a good weekend out.

So, see you all. And remember, OLB is we all together. So lets do this all together.

Regards from Robert

Chris.n.world

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Juillac, Gironde, France
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Fou
Member #

Hey !

I'm quite new to OB so I'm not used to all of it yet, but if I can give any kind of help I'll be glad to !

I'm from east France, in Besançon exactly, not that far from germany nor Switzerland (my location on the 'member map' doesn't seem right, I'll have to sort that out). Anyway, if anyone plans on coming visit the region, do consider come to see us :)

Cheers

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Chris,

A very welcome to OLB. Happy to have you on board. I hope that you will like OLB and also the European section.
Next year we will for sure come towards you as we have a route that starts in Commercy and ends in Verdun. Maybe something for you.
And if you like to come up north to the Netherlands, you are very welcome and I would love to show you around here.

Hope to see you in 2018 for sure.

Greetings from Robert

family-overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Konstanz, Germany
First Name
phil
Last Name
mädler
Member #

hey Robert, if it‘s possible to join the commercy-verdun route in 2018, just let me know. Cheers Phil

Gesendet von iPhone mit OB Talk

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Off course I will.
A friend of mine did it this year, and actually I did send him the details, but couldnt drive it myself. So, yes, next year we will definitly drive that one.
It seems not a tough track, but it is fun. And maybe with some luck by some mud sections it can be fun as well.
I talk to my friend in two weeks during the Autum Event that I have planned. See Rally Points. And then we will talk about that one next year.

Just keep an eye on the Rally points and on my facebook page.

Reactions: family-overland

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Nice to see all the people coming together!
There's a event next year for roof top tent people based on a Facebook group. I'm trying to get this as a meet up and rally point, but actually I'm not sure if I can go there...
Looking forward to meet Robert at the autumn tour!
When ever you need help in the middle of Germany just let me know!

@Chris.n.world nice to hear from you, we hope to get to France sometime next year for one or two short trips, thought about the jura or maybe provence, spend some time around Verdun when I was a child.

Last edited:

Chris.n.world

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Juillac, Gironde, France
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Fou
Member #

Hi !
There are some beautiful places in Jura, I'm thinking of the Vouglan lake where I used to go a few years ago. Having a night near the water could be great ! I'll try to find some time to go on a dry week end and find some nice spots. ;)

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Sounds good!
So as one should never go alone we should try to figure out something for next year, a weekend is always possible and it's really not far away.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Think it would be great to do so in July.

I will check out with my friend Mark, if he like to come along again. As he knows the route already.
at this moment, all weekends in July are ok for me.
So set a date.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I think July would be fine for me too.
So we already have a small group!

family-overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Konstanz, Germany
First Name
phil
Last Name
mädler
Member #

oh well, i would really like to say i‘m in, but to be honest i can‘t plan anything for this summer. My wife is pregnant and the baby‘s comin‘ around the 15th of june. So if everything works out i could meet with you guys at a later date in july, but i can‘t tell for sure.

Gesendet von iPhone mit OB Talk

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Maybe we can meet for a weekend before. My gf just came back from hospital and there will be 2 times more this year so I'm dammed to do everything short term...

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

New Rally Point and invitations are send. This event is partly organised by Dragonriders Travel and the LRCH. The Expo is by the LRCH and the camping and tour is done by us from Dragonriders Travel.
See I hope we will have some fun together.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: MazeVX and nickburt

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well everybody,

New things are coming up. So here is a update and such for the following months.

Poland. With Mathias/OB and some friends.
Date 29th of March till the 3th of april

Wales With Dave and Marco OB, and some friends.
Date 18th till the 27th of May.

Northern Spain, Pyrenees and Bardenas Reales With Dave OB and some friends
Date 7th till the 16th of September.

During summer we do some trips, but these dates are still not set. So for those I keep you informed.
But the area is already set. Verdun and the Normandie in France.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Looks like some good trips there Robert, if I can, I'd like to try and catch up with you for a few hours when you come over to Wales.
Verdun and Normandie will be good trips no doubt. I've covered a lot of ground in Normandie in the past, but not so much Verdun - that's somewhere I'd like to go back to in more detail one day.