Status
Not open for further replies.

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Can't preview or post a rally point. Went through all the steps, fixed the mistakes but I can't (A) Get a preview, or (B) Post the event. All I get is spinning arrow GIF on the buttons. Went off, did something else for a couple hours, came back, no change.

Running Mac 10.13.6
Safari 11.1.2

-jim lee

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Can't preview or post a rally point. Went through all the steps, fixed the mistakes but I can't (A) Get a preview, or (B) Post the event. All I get is spinning arrow GIF on the buttons. Went off, did something else for a couple hours, came back, no change.

Running Mac 10.13.6
Safari 11.1.2

-jim lee
Hi Jim - same happens with preview consistently? Clear the possibility of internet connectivity and things of that nature. Try again in a new browser tab after clearing cache.

Does the page indicate you are loged in correctly here:

I'm just trying to clear the basics before we dive in deeper.

If it ends up being reproducible consistently that is a big help and will allow us to find the issue. Thank you!

Please let me know and we will move forward.

M

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Sorry, got busy elsewhere. The "You are logged in" stuff was there. I've not tried deleting my cache.

-jim lee

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

So I filled everything in. Looks good. I can see that I'm also logged in etc. I hit preview and it takes me to a field that needs filling in. Ok, fix that. Hit it again.. Another missing field. Finally I click it (I guess everything is in order) and it just sits and spins. I get no preview.

Safari 11.1.2

Also.. ON your image thing. I put in my image at the exact 800x390 size. I see two buttons. A green one with a check mark in it. If I click that I get to select a different image. And a yellow one that says.. Select File. I wonder why I need two different buttons that are doing the same thing?

Oh, and I can't publish either. Same thing just sits and spins.

-jim lee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
So I filled everything in. Looks good. I can see that I'm also logged in etc. I hit preview and it takes me to a field that needs filling in. Ok, fix that. Hit it again.. Another missing field. Finally I click it (I guess everything is in order) and it just sits and spins. I get no preview.

Safari 11.1.2

Also.. ON your image thing. I put in my image at the exact 800x390 size. I see two buttons. A green one with a check mark in it. If I click that I get to select a different image. And a yellow one that says.. Select File. I wonder why I need two different buttons that are doing the same thing?

Oh, and I can't publish either. Same thing just sits and spins.

-jim lee
Hi Jim,

Before image selection, you see this:

After Image selection, you see this:

The green check mark indicates you successfully uploaded your file. If you click it again, you are essentially saying you want to change the image. It will allow you to do so, by opening a upload dialogue again.

For both the preview and publish error, I am wondering if you used the "Generate Invites" button, and if that generated a large number of invites (400+) - there is an issue we are working on that stalls with a large number of invites.

If that is not the issue, I'll have the developers look into your system config specifically.

M

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
I have had the spinning loading indicator too with MS Edge. I have found chrome to be more a more reliable interface for interfacing with the Overland Bound site.

Sandpoint Steve

Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Michael,
Any luck with the GOING and NOT GOING links?

-S

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

No change. I fill it in, click preview, it scrolls me to the top of the page and does nothing. The button just spins on the little arrows. Click publish, all I get is little arrows. Click generate invites, I get invites. But no prieview or rally point. Its like I have an error to fix but noerror is marked for me to look at?

-jim lee

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
No change. I fill it in, click preview, it scrolls me to the top of the page and does nothing. The button just spins on the little arrows. Click publish, all I get is little arrows. Click generate invites, I get invites. But no prieview or rally point. Its like I have an error to fix but noerror is marked for me to look at?

-jim lee
I know this is a pain, you are helping us fix this however, so thanks for that. More soon.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

We have been talking over plans to meet up camp, and run some trails for the last week end of June. I am having the same issues trying to get our Rally Point loaded. I am going to trynwith my tablet but have no pictures on it to load.

Sandpoint Steve

Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
We have been talking over plans to meet up camp, and run some trails for the last week end of June. I am having the same issues trying to get our Rally Point loaded. I am going to trynwith my tablet but have no pictures on it to load.
What browser are you using?
Have you tried Chrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.