Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
My current radio setup..subject to change of course! Btech GMRS V1 on a ram mount with custom bracket from a guy on Expedition Portal and a Uniden CB on a Quadratec JK mount, and yes full trucker with a gear keeper for the GMRS mic:

hjason.hay

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

US

I'm powered straight from the battery with a power pole connection under the glove box in the FJ. I used a single DIN cover plate I modified to hold the remote head of the Yaesu FT-857d. The radio and diplexer is currently under the passenger seat with the power cords running under the door seal covers. I'm using the Yaesu ATAS 120a antenna on a Boztech? NMO mount grounded to the rear door hinge bolt. The antenna tunes fine when changing bands. I'm pretty pleased with the results and happy to have HF mobile now.

I can add in power poles and connect other radios to the main battery supply as needed. I use an MFJ 6 way splitter for that.

For the AM/FM/CB I also have a diplexer that allows you to use a CB antenna as an FM antenna.

If I'm running APRS over the radio I usually just use the Yaesu VX-8 handheld or APRSDRIOD when there is cell coverage.

We have a big Ham radio group in my area that has been very good with helping me along the way. I would recommend anyone interested in communication to at least get their Technician license.

Sent from my SM-N910V using OB Talk mobile app