Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

I guess as an artifact of aging, my patience for loud tires has diminished. What are the quietest ATs you guys have run?

I would even be willing to look at it like this; what are the most durable all-seasons you guys have run that, for example, wont get torn up on gravel.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

The Falken Wildpeak AT3W's are pretty quiet, even with the windows down you can't really hear them if you aren't listening for them.

Reactions: Slowone

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Thanks. We have the Wildpeaks on my wife's 4Runner and they are still louder than is worth reinvesting in new tires for.
You have the ATs?
I can have a normal volumn conversation with the windows down and the radio on, they are almost not noticable.

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

I had the original Falken all terrains, they were dead quiet. I run their MT now and those are the quietest MT I've run too. Have yet to hear the AT3 though.
but Falken has some really good rubber compounds going on with their tires.

Reactions: Slowone

DiscoCam

Rank 0

Contributor I

SF Bay Area
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
R
Member #

I have owned both BFGoodrich KO2s and General Grabber AT2s. Both E-Rated. Performance was very similar between the two, but the KO2s were quieter on the road for me.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
I have been running 35x12.5/17 Goodyear Wrangler UltraTerrains they are very quiet, rugged, hold up to rocks, good traction in sand snow and do pretty well in mud. The wear is even with over 10k miles and they do not look very worn.

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Cooper St Maxx.. I'm at about 35k on mine. Ready for a new set. Might go to St Pros.. not sure yet.

Forte

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fountain Hills, AZ, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
McW
Member #

Hankook Dynapro ATMs on my Expedition are quieter than the Firestone highway tires they replaced. I don't have a ton of experience with other AT tires, but they're quieter than the General Grabber AT3s on my brother's pickup.

tw1st3d5

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florissant, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kee
Member #

Back when I had my Subaru Forester and Outback I would always run Yokohama Geolander AT GO15s. Super quiet! I honestly think they were quieter than the normal highway tires that I took off. I spent many trips up in Northern NM and they did great in the deep snow and ice in the winter as well as the rock/sand/mud during the summer.

Reactions: Flipper

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
So far my quietest ones have been my Cooper Discoverer ATs.

Reactions: Graeman

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

when I 1st bought my ST Maxx, I did a comparison. I watched 3 different threads from various web sites. This being one of them.. I came up with 21 different suggested tires. I took the top 4 tires that were suggested and researched what was said about them.. Road noise, longevity, off road capabilities and price.. 5 years ago, the top 4 were Duratracs, KO2's, St Maxx and STT Pros {not in order}.. I opted for the Maxx and have been really satisfied. The other night, AFTER my above post, I checked to see what people think about the Maxx and the Pros. It looks like the Pro's aren't as popular now. It was the other way around before.. I'm thinking now of getting a new set Maxx sometime this summer..They haven't let me down.

Reactions: Lindenwood

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I'd also like to add, the St Maxx were top rated for self cleaning tread design..
I love my Cooper ST Maxx and plan to get another set for the Cruiser when these wear out. However, they are NOT a quiet tire after you get 15-20k miles on them.

The Cooper AT3 has been the quietest AT tire I have run, but I can only compare it to the original BFG KO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scout and Graeman