Quick Trip from the 4th of July - Withlacoochee State Forest, Florida

• HTML tutorial

ChrispyChris

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hey guys,
My girlfriend Nikki and I took a quick 3 day/2 night trip up to Withlacoochee State Forest in Central Florida for the 4th of July. It was really fun despite the heat, humidity, and bugs (these are constants for Florida residents). We like making videos of our adventures outdoors, so of course we filmed the trip.

The first day we got to River Junction State Park and did some paddle boarding on the beautiful Withlacoochee River. I'd highly recommend paddling the river if you're ever in the area. We camped that night at River Junction Campground right next to the day use area. Here's the video:

The second day was more "overland" oriented. We packed up camp and headed toward the Citrus Tract part of the forest. Along the way we stopped by the Florida National Cemetery. It was a really humbling and beautiful area that paid great tribute to passed veterans. Afterwards, we hit the trails for a while to get to a series of caves that are tucked away in the forest. As a native Floridian, it was super weird seeing caves above water in the state. They were a lot bigger than I expected. The expected late afternoon thunderstorms were rolling in by the time we finished checking them out, giving us a wet evening at a pretty cool campsite at Mutual Mine Campground. Here's the video from that day:

Overall, this trip was a great quick getaway from the school/work routine that we've been stuck in for the last while. Any feedback on the videos and channel would be really appreciated!
Thanks and happy trails!
Chris

Reactions: Trbanks

Trbanks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, FL
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Banks
Member #

Looks like a great trip. These areas are very close to me. I’ve been all over the river but have never made it out to the caves. I’ll have to check them out.