Quick-Pitch En-Suite shower - soft bag or alu case?

• HTML tutorial

Skellhunter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Brewster, NY, USA
Member #

Hello everyone, this is my first post! I just wanted to say that I recently purchased a Quick Pitch Shower En-Suite from Artemis Overland . The product is made extremely well and the quality is amazing! The hinges are plastic and not exactly what I was hoping for. I was hoping for stainless steel with some type of gas strut to hold up the hard cover while showering.
I did my research and now understand why the company used the plastic hinges which has all ready been discussed here. Unfortunately all three of my hinges were damaged during shipping. I contacted Aaron Matkowski at Artemis Overland and he handled the situation with the utmost professionalism!! Four hinges were on their way to me within days! Ive seen several other similar products on the market at different expos and this is by far the nicest! Please look up Artemis Overland and ask for Aaron, great guy and very knowledgeable. I have zero affiliation with them. Thanks Eddie

zuccaro

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Jersey
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Zuccaro
Member #

The aluminum case is the way to go in our humble opinion....

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Personally I can't see spending $550 or more for a shower curtain that mounts next to the truck and would be a source of mud creation. Pretty sure I'll end up with the 2 room instant shower by Ozark, pretty nice setup that you can put where you want for $99 or less if you can find it on sale!

AlexAtWagan

Rank VI
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Fremont, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Hsu
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6AVD
I too have a ensuite from Backwoods . I just did a Instagram post this weekend on an updated install I did. I opted for the soft bag as I needed the flexibility for install on a smittybilt defender rack. I preferred the slim profile that tucked into the rack. That's just me. Wind noise .. not much.. I hear the wind on the roof rack more than anything else.

Something else to note. I like drifta gear and they appear to make a replacement soft bag with some modifications, they also have a hood to shelter you from the rain and poles that could be used to help stabilize the ensuite.

(Shameless plug)

(Drifta.com.au)
Products - Drifta Camping & 4WD

Hope this is helpful.
After racking my brain and looking for an extrusion back plate for my Quick Pitch En Suite, of course it was an OLB member that comes up with the most clever solution. Thank you for this!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I have considered something along these lines for use as a changing or toilet room. How do folks who shower in them contend with the water/mud created next to their vehicle? I get that some soils drain better than others; just wondering how showering next to the vehicle out in the dirt works for everybody? Thanks!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I have considered something along these lines for use as a changing or toilet room. How do folks who shower in them contend with the water/mud created next to their vehicle? I get that some soils drain better than others; just wondering how showering next to the vehicle out in the dirt works for everybody? Thanks!
I do not have a shower tent but for showering next to the vehicle I would simply put a not sharp-edged marston mat, a rubber floor mat or similar underneath so that I do not stand in the mud or on the wet grass. Alternatively, I have one of these outdoor universal folding bowl since years. I could also take that and thus also catch the shower water.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Thanks for the replies; water/mud while in the shower is not what I wonder about (I have a shower floor "matt"); I'm wondering if showering next to the vehicle makes accessing the vehicle after showers a wet muddy mess. I have a canopy that allows access from the sides; if I hang a shower tent on the side and shower in it will I be walking through wet/mud every time that I access the side door on the canopy? Or is this just not an issue? Thanks!

Dr Gil

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Gil
Last Name
Kajiki
Thanks for the replies; water/mud while in the shower is not what I wonder about (I have a shower floor "matt"); I'm wondering if showering next to the vehicle makes accessing the vehicle after showers a wet muddy mess. I have a canopy that allows access from the sides; if I hang a shower tent on the side and shower in it will I be walking through wet/mud every time that I access the side door on the canopy? Or is this just not an issue? Thanks!
Ideally, and legally you should collect your "gray" water from the shower and dispose of appropriately. When I not out in the boonies and in a paid campground I'll use a kiddie pool like this.

Portable folding kiddie pool

Reactions: El-Dracho

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Ideally, and legally you should collect your "gray" water from the shower and dispose of appropriately.
Folding kiddie pool is a great idea! What do you do with your gray water? What do you use outside of a paid campground?

shansonpac

Rank V

Traveler III

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

... just wondering how showering next to the vehicle out in the dirt works for everybody? Thanks!
I have a bamboo slatted bath mat that I put down to shower. With a quick "Navy" shower, I have never had a problem with mud. I put the cassette toliet on the bath mat when not using to shower. My shower enclosure deploys right adjacent to my RTT Annex, allowing for privacy.

BTW, I researched the rules in CA, and don't see anything that would prohibit the discharge of a small amount of grey water onto dirt, sand or rocks as long as it doesn't pool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ubiety

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Ideally, and legally you should collect your "gray" water from the shower and dispose of appropriately.
Thank you. Gray water does not belong disposed of in the fragile environment. That's why I mentioned the folding bowl. When using biodegradable soaps or completely avoiding soap, the situation is of course somewhat different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ubiety

Dr Gil

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Gil
Last Name
Kajiki
Folding kiddie pool is a great idea! What do you do with your gray water? What do you use outside of a paid campground?
I connect a garden hose to the kiddie pool and dump it in an appropriate area. I do the same outside a paid campground but the safe area to dump
gray water is usually much closer. I try only to do dispersed camping.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
So the takeaways are that a foldable kiddie pool, or bowl, is going to do a great job of keeping the area around the vehicle from getting muddy; if you choose to use non-biodegradable soap then that should be saved and dumped appropriately. If you choose to use only water or biodegradable soap then its ok to dump that water where you see fit. Since I only use plain water and/or biodegradable soap then I am free to dump "waste" water as I see fit, perfect. Thanks!

I try only to do dispersed camping.
Preaching to the choir ;)