Question about maps

• HTML tutorial

Nick_Charles

Rank 0

Contributor I

I just recently came across overland bound on YouTube. I saw in the sequoia national park video that you said the map you had with the trails on it was a national forest map of some sort. My question is where do I find those type of maps? My wife and I are planning a month long cross country trip to see many of the national parks/forests and will be rooftop tent camping and we would love to find those types of trails along the way. Thank you all.

Roamernate

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Noblesville
Member #

Most state parks and national forest have web sights with map downloads and info on how to get printed maps. Some are free and some are a small fee.  A they will mail it to you.

Nate

E

expeditionnorth

you can either print or purchase here ~ http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/usgs/maplocator/%28ctype=areaDetails&xcm=r3standardpitrex_prd&carea=%24ROOT&layout=6_1_61_48&uiarea=2%29/.do

I usually download the ones I need & then upload them in avenza PDF maps on my tablet, its free on google etc

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I usually go to a local ranger station and pick up a land use or road use map for the area. The paper versions are free, and highly accurate.

-M

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

A month long trip across country checking out National Parks?! That is amazing and I bet I speak for %99.99 of members that would love to follow along on any updates you may share here.