Question about maps

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Nick_Charles

Rank 0

Contributor I

I just recently came across overland bound on YouTube. I saw in the sequoia national park video that you said the map you had with the trails on it was a national forest map of some sort. My question is where do I find those type of maps? My wife and I are planning a month long cross country trip to see many of the national parks/forests and will be rooftop tent camping and we would love to find those types of trails along the way. Thank you all.

Roamernate

Rank I
Founder 500

Traveler I

Noblesville
Member #

Most state parks and national forest have web sights with map downloads and info on how to get printed maps. Some are free and some are a small fee.  A they will mail it to you.

Nate

E

expeditionnorth

you can either print or purchase here ~ http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/usgs/maplocator/%28ctype=areaDetails&xcm=r3standardpitrex_prd&carea=%24ROOT&layout=6_1_61_48&uiarea=2%29/.do

I usually download the ones I need & then upload them in avenza PDF maps on my tablet, its free on google etc

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500

Pioneer I

Dublin, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
I usually go to a local ranger station and pick up a land use or road use map for the area. The paper versions are free, and highly accurate.

-M

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500

Influencer II

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

A month long trip across country checking out National Parks?! That is amazing and I bet I speak for %99.99 of members that would love to follow along on any updates you may share here.