Qbaums 2017 Taco Bomb Adventure Build

• HTML tutorial

quadabaum

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgia USA
Member #

They look great. I’m interested in hearing how the install goes and the ride vs stock
I am confident they will be awesome on and off road but I will do a review on them and possibly a write up on the install. I plan to do a "first impression" and then a 5k mile review. We will be hitting Morris Mountain in October and Utah this November so they should get tested.

Reactions: PapaDave

PintSize

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corpus Christi, Texas
Member #

I will be installing myself with help from a friend next weekend. Hoping to get it all knocked out, seems pretty straight forward but I have been watching videos and reading threads on installs. I will be changing out my needle bearing and both diff fluids at the same time as well.
Install goes much faster with help for sure, just be sure to mark the LCA cams before starting so you can get to an alignment shop sort of dialed in. Are you already having needle bearing vibe issues? Or doing it just in case lifting 2.5" + ?

This video is pretty good, how I did mine.

quadabaum

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgia USA
Member #

Install goes much faster with help for sure, just be sure to mark the LCA cams before starting so you can get to an alignment shop sort of dialed in. Are you already having needle bearing vibe issues? Or doing it just in case lifting 2.5" + ?

This video is pretty good, how I did mine.

I am doing the ECGS bushing as a preventative measure, I want to be in the neighborhood of 1.5-2.5" lift. I have a 4,000 miles trip with the wife this November to go out West so I dont want any surprises. I am going to try to factory preload that ADS uses and see where that puts me.

Reactions: PintSize

quadabaum

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgia USA
Member #

Did some simple maintenance. I noticed the battery terminals had a little build up on them so I cleaned the terminals, put some of the terminal protectors on, and reinstalled. If it happens again I will use the battery protector spray I got. Best thing is, I got the battery stuff "free" because I have a $10 off $30 for advance and used the battery stuff to get over the $30 mark.

quadabaum

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgia USA
Member #

ADS suspension is in. Here is everything I did this past weekend.

Miles ~21,400

Changed both front and rear diff gear oils, used Lucas 85W-140 per ECGS, sending oil sample to Blackstone for analysis
ECGS Bushing
Front ADS 2.5" Coilover with RR and Clickers
LR SPC UCA, ball joint grease with STA-Lube SL3330
Rear ADS 2.5" Shocks with RR and Clickers
HD Dakar Leaf spring with energy suspension polyurethane bushings
Steel braided extended brake lines, bled with Mobil 1 DOT-3

It was a hell of a job for the driveway. A friend of mine came down and helped me knock most of it out Saturday. I ended up not doing enough research and messed up one of my shackle bushings due to the metal collars they put in them at the factory. I eventually figured it out, used a jig saw to cut the collars out, ordered new shackle bushings, and completed the install today. Overall pretty straight forward install. My driverside preload is ~1" and my passenger side is ~7/8" and I have achieved ~2" of front end lift. The rear of the truck is over 3" lift, I dont have my camp weight in there yet, also waiting for my GFC to be installed in November. I am hoping itll settle down some and I may add some weight to help until I get my GFC. I left the sway bar off as well, we will see how it goes. Did a quick test drive and it feels good so far.

quadabaum

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgia USA
Member #

I have some vibes so I got under the truck and measured my driveline angles, ordered some 3* shims from @HeadStrong Off-Road and I think that will get me where I need to be. I will update after theyre installed.

quadabaum

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgia USA
Member #

Ultra fast shipping from Plastics Guy (https://www.toyotabumpstops.com/). Paid for the bump stops on Tuesday and Received them Today (Thursday). As promised, I got them installed so they could be tested this weekend at Morris Mountain ORV.

1st impressions and install
-Packaged well and double wrapped but paint still scraped from shipping, no fault of the seller
-Look and feel like quality bumps, you can tell the difference in the rubber and the quality from factory
-Nice painted mounting points
-Easy to install, very straight forward
-Bolts and loctite is provided

Here are some pictures of the new bumps, old bumps, and comparisons:

I did not order the U-bolt flip kit but most likely will at some point.

quadabaum

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgia USA
Member #

We are back from Morris Mountain ORV and I must say I am extremely pleased with how the suspension performed and how well the @Plastics Guy Durobumps performed. I couldnt tell I was hitting bump stops and the vehicle felt very controlled on all off camber situations and when I was fully stuffed or at full bump. Very successful shakedown trip and I would highly recommend both the ADS suspension and Durobumps. This trip was more clay and rock crawling, we will be doing faster paced rough roads this Winter and I will be able to comment more on that aspect of the performance but at this point these two products work very well and compliment each other perfectly.