Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

I just installed these on my 2017 Toyota Tacoma. I ran the stock Toyos for 65,000 miles. They were good for what me and my boys do on trails. The OEM tires th as t came with my truck were the 265/65R17. I upgraded to the 265/70R17. These are the same width just an 1" taller. Not to noticeable, bug it fills in the wheel wells better.

My first thoughts are. One, they were affordable $800 installed and balanced. Two, road noise is the same as my stock tires. They ride very nicely. They are a little more squishy than my original tires, but thats to be expected since the OEM tires are more of a road tire as these. 20200925_171927.jpg

whododat

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TN
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
Jim
I recently put the same tires on our 15 GX460 in LT 275 65 18 size along with a Dobinson lift and SPC UCA's. We love them but have only taken them on the beach so far in which they did fantastic. Several thousand miles so far and still loving them, plus they look great on the truck!! Good luck with them.

Reactions: Caddis

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Just put the same on the F150 a few weeks ago. I've logged about 2k miles on them so far. Love them. Road noise is a tick more then the terra grappler g2 but only if your trying to notice. They did fantastic off-road and in mud. And the price point is one of the best out there for the style of tire.

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

My gas mileage dropped, but nothing to complain about. I got about 22mpg with the stock tires. These dropped to 20-21mpg.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
My gas mileage dropped, but nothing to complain about. I got about 22mpg with the stock tires. These dropped to 20-21mpg.
With my Toyo ATs I'm still at about 10-13mpg. Oh well, it's a truck lol.

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

If you went from a 265/65 to a 265/70...how did you get an inch taller?

Jl37902

Rank III

Contributor III

Kingwood , TX
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Luczkowski
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I just installed these on my 2017 Toyota Tacoma. I ran the stock Toyos for 65,000 miles. They were good for what me and my boys do on trails. The OEM tires th as t came with my truck were the 265/65R17. I upgraded to the 265/70R17. These are the same width just an 1" taller. Not to noticeable, bug it fills in the wheel wells better.

My first thoughts are. One, they were affordable $800 installed and balanced. Two, road noise is the same as my stock tires. They ride very nicely. They are a little more squishy than my original tires, but thats to be expected since the OEM tires are more of a road tire as these. View attachment 171521
I have them in a 285 75/16 on my 2020 Tacoma, smooth ride for an E load tire.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
@Lil Bear ...i was thrown off, too. i thought the 265 was height and the 70 was the width. this chart shows the opposite...
weird, because i leveled my tundra and went from a 265 to a 275 and it is a taller tire for sure.

1603466918494.png

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

[B]grubworm[/B] it definitely had me confused :tearsofjoy: . But I did find a tire size calculator and played around with the numbers and that does effect the height! Now if I could just find a 285/70/20 in a tire I like. Or a 35x10.5x20. The only couple that I have come across are in the higher brand name tires and just not what i'm looking to spend on tires unfortunately. If I could fit 17's then i'd be golden! Oh well.

Reactions: grubworm and Caddis