Puncture Repair Kits

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

TreXTerra

Rank VI

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

What is everyone using for puncture repair kits? I have a cheap no-name kit that I'd like to upgrade to a better one that has stronger tools. ARB makes one that I know some people use, but I'm curious if there are better or better-for-the-money (and space) kits out there. ARB tends to bank off the brand, despite many of their products being made in China in the same factory as the no-name product (their tire deflator comes to mind).

This one from Boulder Tools looks more complete and is a few dollars cheaper.
This is another one.

So what is everyone using, and do you recommend it?

TerryD

Rank VI

Influencer II

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham Callsign
KT4OZ
I just ordered two of the cheaper kits that only have the handles, plugs and lube. I figure I already carry the pliers. I think the kit was $17?

The plastic case will go away too. I keep my kit in a zipper pouch so it takes up less space in the tool box.

Reactions: Jkk

Corbet

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Durango, CO
Member #

Safety Seal is the tried and true kit IMHO. Personally I’ve got the kit from Powertank only because it was on sale and made it a little less than the Safety Seal at the time. It has always worked great.

Comes in a tool roll now. Mine is 10 years old so it’s in the typical blown plastic case.
https://powertank.com/products/kit-8134

Reactions: TreXTerra

Jkk

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Georgia
I’ve plugged at least 957 tires with your basic plugs and driver. Had to plug a guys tire on the GA traverse in the middle of Johns Mountain wma. Used one of the cheap plugs and it lasted for months after the trip. All ya need

Reactions: Lindenwood

Enthusiast II

Hartford, SD
I can't say much about the other brands since I have no personal experience with them. I have plenty with the safety seal brand. Stick with a kit that comes with metal handled tools. the plastic will break. Back when I worked in the shop we had a kit in each tow truck. All safety seal we never broke one in the 15 years I was there. I've sold shops several of the metal handled replacement tools when their cheaper (plastic handles) kits fail.