Puncture Repair Kits | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Puncture Repair Kits

Discussion in 'Overland Recovery Gear' started by TreXTerra, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!
Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. TreXTerra

TreXTerra Rank V

Member #:

Map
    What is everyone using for puncture repair kits? I have a cheap no-name kit that I'd like to upgrade to a better one that has stronger tools. ARB makes one that I know some people use, but I'm curious if there are better or better-for-the-money (and space) kits out there. ARB tends to bank off the brand, despite many of their products being made in China in the same factory as the no-name product (their tire deflator comes to mind).

This one from Boulder Tools looks more complete and is a few dollars cheaper.
    This is another one.

So what is everyone using, and do you recommend it?

2. DRLExpress

DRLExpress Rank I

Member #:

Map
    I have the Boulder kit but have not had to use it yet (knock on wood). Looks pretty good.

Doug

TreXTerra likes this.
  3. Cav 3724

Cav 3724 Rank 0

Map
    Safety Seal. Been using it for 15 plus years. Indespensible

TreXTerra likes this.
  4. TerryD

TerryD Rank IV

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KT4OZ
    Map
    I just ordered two of the cheaper kits that only have the handles, plugs and lube. I figure I already carry the pliers. I think the kit was $17?

The plastic case will go away too. I keep my kit in a zipper pouch so it takes up less space in the tool box.