Pull out kitchen & storage

• HTML tutorial

Cole McClung

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

I recently built a pull out kitchen and storage to organize my cooking stuff. I spent weeks looking at peoples set ups (some crazier than others) and decided to go with something fairly simple to what other people are doing. I was going to mount it on tracks to be able to pull it out easy but decided against it. I just use three screw down bolts to secure the kitchen when driving. If you have any questions let me know!IMG_2191.JPG IMG_2205.JPG IMG_2282.JPG IMG_2284.JPG

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I love it! Can you show how the table surfaces actually open up and connect? It looks like the first surface is just the top of the slide-out drawer on hinges? What about the second surface (the L shape)?

Cole McClung

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

I love it! Can you show how the table surfaces actually open up and connect? It looks like the first surface is just the top of the slide-out drawer on hinges? What about the second surface (the L shape)?
Thank you. yeah the primary table is just the lid to that first box on a piano hinge. The L shape is the lid to the secondary big box. It uses the same leg set up as the primary table. Th lid is held on by two latches. the secondary table rest on a little metal piece that on the primary table. its not super super sturdy but it works

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Right on. Can you show a closer pic of the connection between the two tables?

I really like the idea of just using the drawer lid also as a work surface with the piano hinge. Might have to steal that once I get my design finished.

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Oh also, forgot to mention, nice Tacoma! I have a 2017 TRD Sport MTDCSB. Jealous of your long bed and cap. I plan to get a cap for my shortbed at some point. I have the stock tri-fold tonneau currently. It's great but limited on space for overlanding storage when it's closed.

Reactions: Cole McClung

Cole McClung

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Right on. Can you show a closer pic of the connection between the two tables?

I really like the idea of just using the drawer lid also as a work surface with the piano hinge. Might have to steal that once I get my design finished.
I left on vacation for a week and wont be able to send a picture but ill do my best to describe it. Its 5"x7" piece of metal with a little L on the end. To be honest I dont know what it came from. my buddy helping me build this just whipped it out from somewhere in his garage. it is screwed into the top of the priary table when its closed. when im setting up the second table i un screw the plate a little slide it out to the side and the second table rests on it. the L shape of the metal piece fits in a groove i cut in the second table.

Also thank you! you got to get a cap. they are game changing. you can fit so much stuff as well as have piece of mind that your surf boards are locked when you walk away from your truck

Reactions: geekyadam